Chapter 37

The song for this chapter is "Get Out Alive" by Three Days Grace a video is attached.

This chapter is dedicated to CityPerson for the ship name "Cynn" for Carter and Lynn! A special shout out to kenzie997 for giving the ship name as well!

Enjoy!

****

* Nathaniel Ryder *

"And this is our room" Jamie told Trent as she led him into our bedroom. I leaned back against the door frame as I watched him take in the room. Slowly he scanned the area analyzing every detail of it. "What do you think?" She asked him quitely as she fiddled with her fingers nervously.

"It's nice" he smiled spinning around only to instantly catch my eyes. "Is this where you did it?" He pried crossing his arms over his chest in the processes. Jamie rocked her head from side to side signaling no as she glanced between the two of us with wide worried eyes.

"Trent," she called out causing him to finally stop staring me down like he was actually going to do something. Honestly, as annoying as his banter was I admired the fact that he wanted to protect his sister. One fact remains though I'm not the one to mess with, ever. "It doesn't matter where he marked me or how or when. All that matters is that he did and I love him and he loves me so please let it go" she rambled defensively as she crossed the room and picked up my hand only to give it an encouraging squeeze.

A sense of pride rolled through my body as I resisted the urge to push Trent out of the room in order to prove my love to her yet again. "Whatever" Trent huffed being filled with annoyance as he walked over to my dresser and began reviewing the pictures. Slowly he picked up the photo in the dead center of the dresser, his hands gripping the dark wood of the frame as he stared at it intently. Hesitantly my eyes darted down to the picture causing the memory of that day to flood my mind, every emotion I felt that day was rolling through my body.

I was seventeen when this family portrait was taking and even though I was so young I was the same height as my dad and shortly after I towered over him. It's true what they say the highbred become stronger with every generation and I was living proof of that with my height of six foot four and extremely wide build. To my left stood Chloe at the age of fourteen rocking her shiny braces as she grinned brightly, looking truly happy. Next to her was my dad. Chloe and I possessed most of his genes with our light hair and deep blue eyes. My mom was standing to my right when the picture was taken but when she left I cut her off, she didn't deserve to be in a portrait of a family she deserted. "Is this your dad?" Trent pushed causing me to nod.

"Yeah" I answered outloud realizing he hadn't seen my gesture. Taking my sadness as a sign of my father's passing Jamie stretched to the tops of her toes as she kissed my chest right along my collarbone lightly and lovingly. There was so much she didn't know, things I was afraid to tell her.... Putting on a front I smiled down at her adoring the admiration fueled grin that laid on her plump pink lips.

As quickly as her smile grew it was taken away. Immediately her features changed from a loving manor to a pained one. Her entire face seemed to droop as her eyes were dull and limpid. My wolf began to grasp onto her emotions as he mirrored them. Her heart was now aching and tightening to an almost unbearable level. Her pointy chin started to quiver as she let out a small pitiful whimper. "What's wrong?" I asked as her eyes grew wet and the tears began to stroll down her now reddened cheeks.

"Jamie!" Trent gasped tossing the frame back onto my dresser before coming over to where we stood in the door way. Her stomach clenched uncomfortably as she fought to breathe normally, soon her entire body grew tense and as hard as a rock. Within seconds her knees began to shake followed by the trembling of her legs as she they started to falter underneath her.