Chapter 40

There is no song for this chapter instead I attached the cast trailer if you're interested at how I envision the characters. :) The song is very Namie!

This chapter is dedicated to sparkle1928!

Enjoy!

****

* Carter Stone *

The interaction with Heather's parents was awkward to say the least. It wasn't that it was them that made me uncomfortable, actually they were pretty cool. It was the fact that they kept referring to our hook up as an 'incident' and saying that she was better off with out Nate. In most situations I would agree but without her I had no chance of getting Jamie back.

Heather led me through the hallways off her pack house introducing me to random wolves who were scattered throughout the building. Even though we were holding hands for appearances of course she didn't claim me as her second chance mate. Instead she would say 'random person this is Carter, Carter this is random person' and then said persons eyes would fall to our entwined fingers. To which she would trace her thumb on my skin in a loving manor. This was her way of making it a point without lying.

Heather pushed open a door revealing an overly girly room, and I thought Jamie's purple room was bad. Practically everything in this room was pink. She had a king size bed in the middle that had a sheer white canopy draped over it as if she was some thirteen year old girl or a freaking Disney princess. Regardless of the appearance it was still a nice room, it was way bigger then the room I had been staying in at the Watson house and my room from my old pack house.

I followed in behind her dropping my bags onto the tan carpet as I turned back to her. Sighing she walked to the bed and flopped face first on to it in the most dramatic way possible. "I hope this doesn't last long" she murmured into her comforter. Geez, as if pretending to date me was such a chore...

"Me too, you have really sweaty hands" I mumbled, wiping my hands against my jeans in the process. Instantly she flipped over and pushed herself upwards to where her elbows supported her weight. Her mouth was propped open slightly as a pink blush dominated her face. She looked like a chameleon blending in with her surroundings.

"That was you" she fought back. "I was nervous!" She the squealed letting go of her fake persona. I couldn't control the laughter that escaped my mouth at her expense. Honestly, it felt good to laugh. It was nice. "If you're done being a bully now I am tired and want to go to bed."

As she said this our eyes met awkwardly. We never talked about our sleeping arrangements and as I peered around the room I realized the floor was my new bed. "Pillow" I murmured gesturing my head toward her bed. Her eyebrows pulled together but reluctantly she grabbed two of her large pillows and tossed them at me. The top one embroidered with HC in hot pink letters. This girl is too much.

"You don't have to sleep on the floor" she stated though it sounded more of a forced question. Avoiding my gaze she began digging through her drawers.

"It's fine" I assured her as I kicked off my shoes and placed them messily never the dresser. Glancing back at me she flashed me a weak insecure smile as she let her bitchy facade fall slightly.

"I'm going to change" she blurted as she ran off to the far left side of the room and opened a door. I'm assuming that's the bathroom. I positioned my pillows at the foot of her bed as I laid back against them. Surprisingly the floor wasn't so bad, it was hard yet the carpet provided a slight cushion.

Heather had been in the bathroom for at least ten minutes by this point. Honestly I think she was just trying to buy time to avoid any awkwardness that could occur. Slowly she pushed back the sliding door as she walked out. It only took me about a minute to change into basketball shorts, and I had opted for keeping my shirt on. So by the time she exited the bathroom I appeared fast asleep on the floor, and I wasn't far off.