Chapter 30: Sittin In The Park

Nikove

That wasn't like Ava at all. She's been weird though, ever since her trip back from the city with Petra.

I looked down at Veta who smiled bashfully before staring back out the window.

The pull I had toward her, it was deeper than any addiction or instinct. Every single cell in my body yearned to be beside her, to feel her, love her, and kiss her.

As the bus came to a stop, I stood with Veta and we got off heading to the first place I knew she'd love.

Hidden deep within the city, was a four story antique shop with the greatest vintage pieces and art. I found it when I went here one day to get rid of my thoughts of her.

All I kept thinking while I wandered the place was how much she'd love it.

"What's this?" She asked eyeing the double doors cautiously.

On the outside it seemed a bit like a run down shop you'd find hobos living inside of, but once the doors open and you step in, it's well lit with antique massive chandeliers and Moroccan looking lanterns.

"Wow." She said slowly as her eyes tried to process everything. There was so much though that honestly it's hard to see everything. It took me three hours to just scan every section.

As she pulled off her gloves, she softly ran a hand over the old fans pulling one out and laying it under her nose. She shut her eyes and took a small whiff before a smile grew over her lips and she flared it open, waving herself and batting her lashes at me teasingly.

I felt my own smile grow before she shut the fan and placed it down, "This place is remarkable. How many stories is it?" She asked while eyeing the titanic like staircases with the red carpet.

"Four stories, so we'll probably be here all morning. Actually though, the uh first floor is where I think you'll find yourself more comfortable." I said watching her eyes run over me with fascination and a small curiosity.

I watched her slowly walk through the sections, trying on masks, hats and gloves. She stopped at the book section and gawked at me before her grin grew massively and she bounced on her heels excitedly.

The way she lit up with books fascinated me, I could watch her read for hours, like when she paints.

Her hand ran over a few spines before she stopped at a book and pulled it out holding it to her chest and continuing to look at other books.

I scanned and grabbed some for myself as well, and when we finished with the first story, she startled me by taking my hand and rushing me up the stairs. I entwined our fingers, following her up all the way to the fourth floor. She froze in her spot as she reached the top.

Standing behind her, I took another step, my chest pressing to her back before she leaned back into me and gasped softly before running her hand over her sternum "They're beautiful." She said taking a step forward and going to the massive floor of simply art.

Paintings and sculptures, her fingers ran over a large painting of a witch like girl. "These are amazing." She said low and thoughtfully.

Her eyes fell to the floor and she stepped back staring at the rug. Hand stitched art into a beautiful and massive rug, she smiled and looked up at me, "I could live here." She said going to the old velvet sofa, sitting down and staring at the stuffed animal heads on the wall.

"Kove?" She asked looking to me.

I walked over and sat down beside her with a curious stare, "Can we just stay until lunch?" She asked looking around at all the art frames and the rolled up art in the back corner.