Chapter 6: Susie Is A Bitch

Veta

Friday was too quick of an arrival, I mean that day literally slid into my life like it was on third base and ready to make the last home run.

I got disinvited to a party, and Lue thought it'd be best if I showed up and drank all their liquor.

It sounded like a good idea, and since my dad isn't going to be home for another four hours, I thought why the hell not.

We'd go steal all the chips, drinks and anything good we can enjoy...maybe the balloons...either way I'm showing up.

Pulling on a pair of snow boots, I slid on my beanie and grabbed the duffel from the office, heading out the door with Lue.

I slipped on the second step and landed on my ass, the both of us laughing as the cold froze my jeans.

She leaned over and helped me up, but managed to fall over and land on me instead, crushing us both under her.

Shit! "Lue! For Christ sake your a tiny person! How are you so heavy?!" I whisper shouted through fits of laughter.

It was eight at night and most of the neighbors hated when we were too loud, that and I'd hate to disturb the new neighbors, some are mean.

Lue stood and fell back, screaming as she fell, her laugh grew and I covered her mouth, hushing her as the lights next door turned on by the porch.

Shit.

Dimitri poked his head out and stared over at us, "You okay there, Veta?" He asked giving a questionable look to Lue.

I gave a nod, "We just have bad coordination." I replied laughing and standing with Lue who stumbled but I caught her, steadying her.

He gave a small smile, "Be safe." He added before shutting the door and turning the light off.

We walked slowly down the street, toward Susie's house to crash her party.

It took us fifteen minutes to walk, seeing as we kept slipping despite the boots.

There were teens, young adults, all ages here and drinking or smoking. I snuck my way to the kitchen and opened the duffel, filling it with the liquor, beers, a lot of the bagged chips and even took the cake from the fridge.

Then we discreetly snuck out the house and hurried back to my place, we fell twice, and broke one of the beer bottles. 

When we arrived at my front porch, we both broke into fits of laughter, laying on the steps and crying from our heavy laughing.

The two of us tried to down the cracked jack Daniels bottle, making sure it didn't get wasted but instead we did.

The lights came on next door and I heard the door open, Anya walked out and smiled at me, "I thought that was you." She said quietly.

I looked over at her and held the bottom on its side sloppily, the world spinning just a bit, "We crashed a party." Lue slurred before opening a bag of chips.

Taking a chip, I smiled at Anya, "Susie doesn't like me, we stole her cake." I whispered and watched Anya laugh a bit before pursing her lips and walking over.

"You're going to get sick Veta." She said softly gesturing to the floor.

I looked down at the ice and watched Lue stand and wave us off as she walked to her house four houses down. She stumbled inside and I heard her laugh at herself.

I'm alone now, no!

Lue says she doesn't like Anya, or any of them, she says they all smell like dog. It's why she left, she doesn't like Anya.