Chapter 3: I Love Them

Veta

Eyeing the colors and the way they mixed to form the deer and the woods, it just didn't look right. I sighed and slid on my boots, grabbing my beanie, shoving it on and grabbing the canvas.

Heading out the room, I stomped
through the living area and yanked the front door open moving down the steps and to the side of the house.

Lifting the trash lid, I shoved the canvas inside and slammed the lid shut, giving the trash bin a kick.

Where the hell is my creativity?!

I glared at the snow and pulled my beanie down lower before heading back inside the house to start over.

I'd get this right, even if it was the last thing I did in my insignificant life. My stomach made an angry gurgling sound and I hushed it before turning the music up to drown it out.

Zelda redecorates places on her free time, so she was probably over at one of the homes trying to explain why beige goes better with brown as opposed to red.

Dad was helping build the new fancy restaurant which would be fine dining for our tiny town. That is when it's finished.

They promised me a waitressing job when it opens, it'll be nice getting big tips.

I want to open an art gallery but I don't have the money and this town just isn't an art appreciative town. No one here actually understands art, or poetry.

Pulling out a new canvas, I began with a sketch, doing the deer head and then the antlers, managing one eye before a knock came to the door.

Dammit.

I put the pencil down and headed out the room to the the front door, pulling it open, I gave them an annoyed look.

In front of me stood a girl, her hand holding what looked to be a canvas, and with closer observation, I noticed it was my canvas.

She blushed and I caught a glance of her eyes, noting their golden and yellow tones, similar to Dimitri's. "Hi, I'm sorry for bothering you. Should I come back another time?" She asked jutting a thumb over her shoulder with a questionable stare.

I stared over her shoulder reflexively, as if to see what she was gesturing to and then noting she was just gesturing to go back, like to her home.

Shaking my head, I crossed my arms over my chest to avoid the cold breeze, "You're fine. Are you one of Dimitri's kids?" I asked looking over her dark hair and pale skin.

She gave a nod, "Yes, I'm Anya. You'll probably see my boyfriend around the front yelling and beating up walls." She said regrettably.

I gave a small laugh, "Veta." I replied and looked back down at the canvas in her hands, her eyes followed down to it and she made a surprised sound, "Oh I'm sorry, I saw this poking out of your trash bin and I was amazed. Do you mind if I keep it?" She asked nervously.

Anya seemed like a shy and awkward girl, but clearly very bubbly inside.

I gave a shrug, "I can paint you a better one if you'd like. That ones a bit...well it's not the best." I admitted sheepishly and very embarrassed.

She gazed at me for a while, "You painted this?" She asked staring down at it confused, her eyes matching back to mine before I nodded once.