Chapter 21: Date

Veta

"Let's do this!" I said with a smile and determination on my face.

He laughed softly, "Are you sure?" He asked as he cocked a handsome brow at me.

I gave a nod, "Definitely, totally." I bit my lip and watched him hold out a deck of cards, fanned out and showing only the red backs.

Grabbing one carefully, I held it and he pulled one too.

We both placed our cards on the counter face up and I looked to mine, Ace of spades!

His was a two of hearts.

"Aha! I won!" I said proudly while he broke into a wide smile and fake glared at me, "Then it's tied. One to one." He said fanning the cards out.

I took one and he took one, again we laid them out.

He won this time, my six wasn't a match for his king.

The door opened and in walked a bunch of girls from school. They all did cheerleading and soccer, sometimes softball but they were the sporty preppy girls.

I kept my eyes on the stack of cards and tried to ignore their looks.

"Veta, the alien Mars." One of them muttered as she passed by and I ignored it.

"Vee, as in Very Strange." Another said back.

I took the cards and fanned them out, holding it out toward Haiden who was staring down at me already.

He carefully took a card and I took one, placing it down and watching as my Queen kicked his sevens butt.

I smiled sinisterly and he gave me a small smile before looking back at the girls. His eyes focused on them, I couldn't tell why he was so intently focused on them.

But the girls kept looking back and staring at us giggling to each other.

He probably noticed and now he's trying to be too cool for me.

"Mars, do you want to go out to dinner with me?" He asked catching me off guard.

I laughed a bit and noticed he was serious, "Really?" I asked while he nodded, "Really. In the city, I don't think the towns got that great of food." He said smirking.

Oh my god, "Yeah, id love to." I said shyly while noticing the girls gawking and staring as they pretended to look through the books.

Did he do that just to make me feel better? Or look better? "Tomorrow night?" He asked while I looked back at him nodding.

Part of me wondered if it was a pity date.

Shit, I'm still grounded.

This would be my first real date. I mean outside of Abel, because Abe used to take me out on my birthdays since I didn't have a guy who did like me.

I'm sure Zelda and Dad can't be that ruthless.

A few books plopped onto the counter, all about sex: 'Fifty Five Wildest Sex Positions' 'Herbs To Keep It Up' 'How To Get The Best Orgasm In One Round' and 'How To Give The Greatest Oral Sex'.

I didn't even know the book store held books like that, my God.

"Do they have sex on the planet you're from?" One asked me as she snickered with her dumb bitch friends.

Haiden began ringing the books up and I tried not to think about how awkward sex is to talk about, especially when there's a guy right next to me.

"She's blushing. Oh you're a Virgin right?" Another asked as she leaned into the counter, I ignored her and continued scanning in other books to avoid looking like I'm doing nothing.

They laughed more and I stared over at the Priests niece who commented that I was a freak, "Your uncle would probably die if he knew you were here buying books about wild sex and blow jobs." I said glancing over at her and watching the grin drop into a blank stare.

She looked to the books nervously, "They're not mine." She said crossing her arms over her chest defensively.

I smirked softly, "So it's what? Laurie's? Isn't your mom an advocate for sex after marriage?" I asked calmly, feeling on a roll as I scanned in two more books and casually looked to her.

She pursed her lips and scowled, "They're not mine either." She practically grunted it out.

Right.

I stared at the other four girls, "Actually, none of your parents would approve of you whoring around before marriage. Why don't you get your books, I won't rat, and you do me a favor, and never converse with me again. Sound fair?" I asked while scanning the last book and putting it on the top of the book pile.

They all stayed quiet and I smirked softly, "Good." I said before taking the books and going to the shelves, placing them in their correct spots.

Once they left, I heard a laugh and put the last book away before going back to the front.

Haiden was laughing softly and shaking his head as he looked to me, "You're phenomenal, I was worried I'd have to tell them to leave." He said looking me over slow and then looking away nervously.

Did he just check me out?

I laughed and stood beside him, "If there's one thing I'm known for in town-Well actually I was going to say it's that I'm a smart mouth. But that would be a lie. The thing I'm really known for is being odd." I said making a face.

He smiled, "They just don't understand that difference and uniqueness is beautiful. You're not like any girl I've ever met." He said staring down at me while I tried not to think about how cheesy that line was.

It's definitely a 'Let me get in those panties' type of line.

"About our date, I actually don't know if I can go. I'm kind of grounded." I said giving him a sheepish look.

He leaned forward and placed both palms on the counter, "I remember, from the whole Nikove and his psycho girlfriend?" He asked grinning.

I laughed and nodded, he laughed a bit too, "What's with you two? Something I should know? I don't want to try for a girl who's already given her heart away." He said crossing his arms onto the counter and staring up at me.

God he's so hot when his arms tighten and flex like that, "There's nothing between Nikove and I. He got-" maybe I shouldn't share his personal life, "He was third wheeling. Technically it was Anya and I enjoying a night in. But Mikael is a bit like Anya's....well he's...he's always there. And Nikove was around so we invited him." I said shrugging.

He gave me a long stare before nodding, "So she just destroyed the whole house because he was watching a movie with you guys?" He asked laughing a bit.

I gave a nod, "Yeah, and now, I will never spend longer than a second with that guy. Unless Ava is present and able to see that I don't want her man." I admitted blushing as I watched him smile so handsomely.

His eyes moved to the counter, "How about I talk to your dad? I can let him know I'll have you home at whatever time he'd like." He said staring back at me.

My hearts doing all these wild things right now.

I gave a nod, "Yeah, I guess he won't say no if you ask." I bit my lip and watched him reach up and go to touch me but pulled back and smile softly instead.

God, I'm going on a date!

"Alright, let's see, it was one to two right? Best out of three?" He asked grabbing the deck of cards.