Chapter 26: What If I Smell Like Dog Still?

Nikove

He bought he a fucking painting. What an idiot?

I spent the next couple hours watching her paint and continue to glance over at me before she painted again. I had the slightest feeling she was painting me, and when she gave me a blushed smile with a slight laugh, I knew she was.

"Can I see it?" I mouthed while she pursed her lips thoughtfully before shaking her head, "Not yet." She mouthed back.

Right, not yet.

I wanted to take her out of here, to take her to the city and watch her melt the hours away in paint shops and dig the shelves of old literature and poetry novels. I wanted to take her for pizza then kiss her on the bus back home.

Then I worked up the nerve, "Can I take you out tomorrow?" I mouthed but she gave me a confused look, she hadn't understood what I said.

I reached over and grabbed the notepad writing it down before holding it to the window. She read it softly and smiled blushing before she gave a nod. "Ava?" She mouthed while I grinned, "Gigi will cover for me." I wrote down.

She read it and looked a built conflicted, guilty, before she smiled and gave a nod.

Shutting the notebook, I placed it on my desk with all the papers and smiled at Veta. The sound of the front door opening pulled my attention.

The smell of Petra came and I noted the same scent from last week, "Go see those kids again?" I asked while she gave a small nod. Apparently she's been spending a lot of time with foster kids to keep herself prepared for being a parent. Or something like that, I don't know, Ava explained it.

A hand ran over my lower back and I turned my head staring back at Ava as she smiled and then cocked an eyebrow at me, "I saw Haiden and Veta on a date. They looked pretty cozy and cute." She shoved daggers into my heart with every word she spoke.

The image of Veta staring lovingly at Haiden with her smile and blushing cheeks meant just for him, it made me sick. I hated the idea of him being with her.

Luca walked in eyeing Petra and then her belly, "Feeling less grouchy today?" He asked carefully, a bit scared to poke the tiger. She gave a small nod, "I just needed to recharge." She stated quietly but the smell of guilt hung in the room along with hatred.

Ava took my hand, "Let's go out tonight. Just you and I." She said seductively.

I went to say yes but Gigi entered laughing with- That's Lue's mom, and Zelda. "Absolutely." Zelda said stuck up before looking us all over, "We'll all be going to the city tonight for dinner. I've decided since Lue has been dating Kyro it would be nice, plus I love Zelda's company too." Gianna said staring at us daring any of us to decline.

Damnit.

Anya leaned in, "I can't wait." She said smiling.

Fucking hell an entire dinner with that idiot Haiden. If he pulls anything I'm wolfing out and gutting him.

Ava's hand gripped mine a bit tighter as we headed out the house with everyone. "Oh come on, the limos are here." Gianna called to Kyro who was worried the tie color would effect Lue's desire for him.

He stopped and sniffed himself, "Dammit what if I smell like a dog still!" He said worriedly.

I scoffed and shook my head, "You're fine Kye, come on before Gianna kills you and drags your corpse to the limo." I joked while he nodded and hurried out the door.

Ava was still gripping my hand tightly, and I looked down at her, smelling the heavy scent of jealousy.

Following her glare to the house beside ours, I watched Veta nod to her dad, "I know, I know." She said sighing.