Chapter 25: Ah, Dickinson

Veta

Nikove's face was stuck in my mind, prominent and loud in vision.

"You alright?" Haiden asked as he took my hand, and I wanted it to feel right.

It's strange, yesterday morning I had a small crush on Haiden and only felt like Nikove could be a good friend to me.

After last night, all I want is to lay in a big bed with the two of them and drown in a blissful, pleasurable sense of sensual loving. Okay, well actually, let's just be real here. A threesome, I want a threesome.

I gave Haiden a nod and he gave me a curious stare before nodding.

When the bus stopped, we got off and headed down the street, "There's a nice pancake place on the corner." I said while he furrowed his eyebrows.

He laughed a bit, "You like that place? I feel like it's a bit overrated. Honestly breakfast diners are disgusting." He commented pulling his phone out.

Alright then. He began typing before scrolling and watching the screen while we awkwardly stood outside one of the candle shops.

"Wanda's." He said sure of himself, meanwhile my mind ran over the fact that it's an over priced restaurant that serves brunch and cocktails.

We walked to the place and he held the door, guiding me inside.

When we sat and got our candle light breakfast, I tried to ignore the grins and the endless talks about how he used to love coming up here and how I probably don't remember him but he used to live in town.

He's right, I didn't remember him.

The entire breakfast was about him, about what he likes, about how he's loaded and only lives with Lue's family because he's dealing with some family disputes. Something like that.

When we finished, I thanked him and we went down the street, passing by my favorite art shop.

I stopped and stared at the window for a while, admiring the art posted up while Haiden pulled  out his phone and scrolled through whatever.

"You like art? I'll buy you a painting." He said smirking down at me.

The painting is probably in the thousands, "No, I mean yes, I actually love art. But no, you don't have to buy me any paintings." I said laughing nervously.

He pursed his lips and stared at the painting of the bird that costed way more than it was worth. My art was way better, and I'm not trying to be conceited, but I know my art is better. They didn't even bother to add individual strokes to its feathers. My wolves have every single hair individually stroked on.

I walked with him to the book store and got lost in the mystery while he left to go use the restroom.

My mind was wandering over what a day with Nikove would've been like instead.

A familiar voice came out and I slowly stepped to the side, listening to the laugh and then her voice, "No, please. You know how hard it is to get away from him. He's so...clingy." Petra said laughing and rolling her eyes.

There Petra was, laying across a sofa in the book shop, a simple reading nook hidden from the world. She ran a finger down some godly handsome mans shirt. But the way they looked at each other, there was so much love.

He laughed, "I'll move closer to town." He said in a British accent before brushing her hair back and then running his hand over her belly, "I'll need to be there to raise our babe." He said smiling and kissing her again.