Chapter 14: Abuse

Veta

Putting the empty plate down, I pulled my legs up onto the couch and leaned back staring at the screen.

Nikove was laughing softly, sitting back with one foot pushing on the coffee table. He was relaxed, so comfortable. Everything in me wanted to curl up beside him and feel his chest rumble when he laughed.

We watched tv a bit longer until the sound of a car door shutting came. I heard Ava's voice and then Kyro's, both of them arguing.

Shit!

I stood off the couch and grabbed my bottle and plate frantically. Nikove watched me with a weird look but quickly stood and shoved the paper plates and bottles into the paper bag. Then we ran hurriedly to his room and he shut the door.

I went to the window, pushing it up and looking to him, "The bag." I quietly whispered to him.

He walked quickly over and handed me the bag, I took it and stepped out the window, quietly waiting for Ava to go inside.

"Vey."

Looking to Nikove, he smiled softly as he leaned into the windowsill and smiled at me, "Thank you." He said before shutting the window.

God why is my heart beating so damn fast?!

I ran into my house and tossed the bag away, feeling super nervous and shaky.

Running to my studio, I grabbed my apron, pulling it on and sitting on the stool, pretending to paint.

That was wrong, I think. I'm not sure. I really don't know, I mean it was all innocent, but maybe it's the fact I wished it was a date, that made it so wrong.

Dad came home a bit later and I had showered and dressed in pajamas, spending the rest of the day doing homework and wishing I wasn't feeling like such a home wrecker.

"Ready to go eat?" Dad asked as he clapped his hands together and looked over at Zelda on the couch.

I stayed quiet and sat by the stairs reading and when dad said "We're going out to eat, I left some money on the table." I knew I wasn't invited to their date night dinner.

Dads probably going to tell her all about whatever him and Dimitri talked about.

They both called bye and headed out while I continued reading.

Ding dong!

"Doors always open!" I called and watched the door slowly open before Anya poked her head in and then pulled Mikael in as well.

Her eyes moved to me and she smiled wide, "Mikael and I want to take you out for dinner!" She said squirming in excitement. Mikael just smiled down at her, so in love but then looked to me a stern look and a nod.

I smiled softly and stood, "My dad left me some money, how about we order a pizza and stay in?" I suggested and Mikael had a look of relief.

Anya smiled smugly, "We're going to be great friends Vee, great friends." She said looking from me to Mikael.

Looking them over, I gestured to their clothes, "You can go home and pull on something comfier while I call in the pizza?" I gave another suggestion and they both nodded and gave me smiles, "Pizza toppings?" I asked as they went to leave.

Mikael furrowed his eyebrows "Pepperoni definitely." He said more to himself and I watched Anya nod in agreement, "And mushrooms, and olives." She added before they both smiled and I gave a thumbs up watching them leave.

I called in the pizza and turned on the tv, leaving it on Tom & Jerry, just until they come back to pick something to watch for themselves.

A ruckus went on outside, followed by shouting, then the clanking of metal. "Ava! Calm down!" His voice was so distinct amongst the shouting and the other voices.