Chapter 19: Work

Veta

"It's Friday, I've been grounded long enough. I fixed the drywall, I fixed the table and the couch. I also fixed the blinds. Come on." I begged while dad gave me a long stare before looking to Zelda.

They both exchanged a look, and then she stepped forward, "We think it'd be nice if you got a job. Made back the money. That television cost us almost a thousand dollars." She said cocking an eyebrow at me.

Yeah, I know.

"A job?" I laughed a bit and wasn't sure they were serious until I looked to dad and realized he wasn't laughing.

Fuck.

"Fine." I muttered.

Dad grabbed his keys, "I have to go to the new building, I'll drop you off at the town and you can walk around and see what jobs you can get." He said smirking as we walked out the house.

Wonderful.

Slipping on my boots, I snatched my bag and beanie and gave Zelda a heavy glare before walking out and shutting the door.

When he dropped me off at the town, I went straight to Lue, she had to know about the psychotic belief that I needed to get a job. I'm still in highschool!

The only reason Lue works is because her parents own the diner and her grandma owns the book store.

Pulling the doors open furiously, I stomped in, letting the snow drop on the mat before I walked inside.

"Zelda is on my last nerve! My last one! I only had so many Lue, only so many!" I ranted before stopping and eyeing a book on one of the carts.

Oo a new book, poetry collection, hm.

Holding onto it, I began again, "First she has dad take away my paint studio, like why the hell would she do that? What am I supposed to do while I'm grounded? Stare at the wall? We still don't have a damn tv." I rambled and made some sounds of frustration, "She just, she tries so hard to be the punisher of me. I want to just look her in the eyes and say, 'Hey Zee, you're not my mo-' Oh shit." I stared at Haiden who had a small grin on his face.

His eyes ran down to the book in my hand, "By all means, continue, it's a bit amusing. Zelda is your step mom I'm guessing." He said leaning into the counter with his dark blonde hair neatly groomed back.

I froze up.

What the hell happened? Where is she?

"Where's Lue? It's Saturday. She's always here, every Saturday since she was a kid." I said questionably looking around.

Haiden smiled, "You two have known each other that long?" He asked furrowing his brows.

I gave a nod and put the book on the counter, "Yeah, we've been friends since kindergarten. I was getting over taken by Susie and her posse, then Lue beat them up for me." I said with a small laugh.

He looked to my beanie and reached over flicking the fur ball on the top of it, "That's a cute beanie on you." He said with a small laugh.

The more he smiles and laughs, the hotter he gets. I felt a blush roll up and nervously laughed a bit, "When I walk it bounces all over." I said idiotically.