Chapter 13: Keep The Change

Nikove

A knock came to the front door, pulling me from my deep sleep. I looked down at Ava who was curled up in my bed, her hair tousled and the scent of trees lingered.

Getting out of bed, I pulled on a pair of sweatpants and a T-shirt, heading out the bedroom, but not before glancing to Veta's studio in hopes she'd be in there.

Sam was saying hi and waiting by the door, I gave a small wave and Dimitri hurried down smiling, "Alright, I'm ready." He said calling bye to the house before they left to go wherever they planned.

Gianna handed me a plate as I entered the kitchen and I took it, thanking her before sitting down beside Kyro.

Mikael and Anya walked in smiling at each other in a heavy haze of admiration and love. They'd fucked at least seven times last night and it kept most of us up. Ava kept trying to get me going but I couldn't. Lately, it feels so wrong to touch her, to be with her.

"Anya, when you finish breakfast, go with Mikael and pull out two hundred and fifty dollars. Also get soap." Gianna said as she held both their plates out.

They took the plates and nodded before sitting across from Kyro and I. It was quiet, the house was quiet, and I think it's because of the big fight that happened last night.

Luca and Petra had a horrible fall out.

We all woke up- and Mikael and Anya had to put a pause on their fuck fest- to make sure the two didn't tear each other's throats out.

Gianna said pregnant werewolves tend to be overly protective of themselves and their babies.

Well it got very bad, so bad that Luca ran outside and went wolf, he's been gone since and probably won't be back until later today.

"What's the money for? Buying a hooker for Luca?" Kyro asked Gianna and I gave him a hard smack to the back of the head, shaking my head as he winced. He earned it for that question.

Gianna placed a foiled plate down and looked to it, "Petra's. Don't touch." She said as she pointed and emphasized not to touch it.

We all know better.

She wiped down the counters and looked over at Kyro, "It's for Veta. I'm buying a few of her paintings." She caught me off guard a bit. Gianna is a huge art enthusiast, I'm talking Picasso, Monet only the greatest.

The fact she's buying Veta's art says a lot.

Anya smirked across the table and leaned in, "You can tell your girlfriend that Veta's arts going to hang beside the monét in the hall." She said quietly and a bit hostile.

I ignored her hostility, I could've said I knew, that I believed her art should be in museums but I didn't.

Gianna placed a cup of coffee down and sat at the head of the table scrolling through her emails, "She paints our wolves." She said cocking an eyebrow and taking a drink.

I remembered her, painting me, my wolf, her focus and beautiful lips, barely parted as she thought on the detail.

A heavy and immense heat ran up my body, the emotions that came across filled with lust, desire and a hunger.

"Dude, I can smell how turned on you are. Tone it down." Kyro whispered, pulling my eyes from the eggs to him and then the others giving me worried looks.

Shit.

Gianna had a weird stare, but looked to the door and dropped it.

"I swear Petra hit my damn brain loose from my spine last night. She can pack a damn punch." Ava's voice cut through the kitchen and silence grew, fear and worry filled my body.