"Don't smile at me, idiot." Naruto just ignored this and laid down in the sewage. It wasn't ideal, but it had to do. "What are you doing?" The Kyuubi's loud voice boomed all over the place.

"I'm relaxing. It's something I do nowadays." Naruto simply yawned after. The Kyuubi just growled at his answer. "What are you going to do now?" The Kyuubi practically demanded an answer.

Knowing the Kyuubi, Naruto had to answer. "I don't know" The Kyuubi roared. "What do you mean "I don't know", you child!" Naruto slightly opened his eyes at the killing intent that was being emitted.

"Like I said, I don't really have a goal right now. Getting stronger is what I'm hoping I can accomplish." Naruto closed his eyes as the killing intent lowered down.

"They're here, you know?" The Kyuubi said as Naruto laid in the sewage.

"I know. I'm just waiting for the right moment to wake up." Naruto stood up and started stretching. At this point, I'm just stalling until they reach Uzu. The Kyuubi snorted.

"I can hear you!" The Kyuubi roared loudly. But by the time it finished, Naruto already disappeared from his mind.

~~~

Naruto felt their chakra getting closer to the island every second. Naruto got up from his bed and walked outside his room. It looks like Team 7 is the only one that came. But Naruto had to be careful just in advance. He's not stronger than the 3 of them combine.

Good thing I have my trusty clones! Naruto thought as he breathed in and out.

~~~

"We're here." Kakashi said as they closed in to the shore. They had one mission and one mission only. "To retrieve Uzumaki Naruto". They failed last time, but it won't happen again. They were inexperienced.(excluding Kakashi)

But this time, they were prepared and stronger. They were not a hopeless as before. They jumped onto shore.

"We'll search the area together. Uzushiogakure is filled with destroyed ruins, the chances of one of them containing Naruto is high." Sasuki and Sakura nodded.

They all started to slowly walked in the territory of Uzushiogakure. They entered one of the ruins and found nothing. "Hey, Kakashi-sensei." Sakura called out.

"Yes, Sakura?" Kakashi and Sasuki followed the voice of Sakura, who was standing in front of a destroyed language. "What do you think this is?" All 3 observed the destroyed stones in front of them.

"I think it's the Uzumaki language." They all nodded in agreement.

"The exit is right here." Sasuki pointed towards an opening to the ruin. As they moved from each ruin to the next, their hopes of finding Naruto stared to deteriorate.

"This is taking too long!" Sasuki punched the wall of one of the ruins. "We just have to look longer." Kakashi said to try and ease their retrieval. But deep inside, he was also losing hope in the operation.

But they suddenly saw orange in the distance.

"Is... is that a fox?" Sasuki asked, her eyes squinted to get a better view. Sakura also squinted her eyes. "I think so too." Sakura said as the team went closer to the fox. The fox eyed them before running away.