Recording 2 - Phase One - Day 1

Recording 2 – Phase 1 – Day 1

The camera turns on showing that the scene hasn't changed from Recording 1.

Subject-3 is still sitting on the bed in the center of the frame but now has several sheets of paper on her lap. Both hands hold the document as she stares at it.

"As stated in our previous recording," the male voice is still behind the camera, "We have progressed from the introduction to phase 1. While the camera was turned off, I secured the house, placing padlocks on all the doors and checking that the windows were closed and bolted, and Subject-3 has been given the final legal document of consent. I have also checked the battery life of all the cameras and I'm comfortable that we are ready to start."

"Subject-3," the voice moves, and the body of a man appears on the edge of the frame, "Have you read it thoroughly?"

"Yes," she whispered without looking up.

"Good," the man doesn't move, "Do you have any questions? Is there anything you don't understand, you feel is ambiguous, or unfair?"

"No," she speaks again without looking at him.

"Good," his voice is soft and encouraging as one of his hands come forward holding a pen, "Then are you ready to sign or would you like more time?"

"Yes," she stutters as her head turns to the man and she raises a hand to accept the pen. She automatically flips the pages and then on the final sheet she scribbles a short flourish, frowns as she lifts the pen off the paper, then hands both back to the man without saying anything further.

"Thank you, Subject-3," he exhales a long breath as he takes the items from her.

He flips the stapled papers back to the front page. The white cascading sheets reflect the artificial stage lights, and the glare hits the lens causing the screen to momentarily flash bright. Then it is gone as the man turns and disappears for a few seconds. When he returns his hands are lose by his side and empty.

He is now standing at the end of the bed facing her. His khaki trousers are faded and looked like he has splattered some water on them recently. His navy jumper is old and worn. The collared shirt he wears underneath is an unfashionable red plaid. His face could be handsome with a strong jawline, good proportions and symmetry, unfortunately the glasses he wears are not flattering. His hair looks unkept.

"From this point forward," the man sweeps his fringe out of his eyes before he pushes his large glasses up his nose, "You will refer to me as Master, use it like you would my name. By doing this we are reinforcing our relationship. You will become more relaxed around me and you will accept me as part of your life rather than as something unusual or scary."

"Yes," she pauses, "Yes, Master."

"That's better," he smiles.

His grin is attractive, softening his face and making his glasses look less overpowering.

"Should I be getting undressed?" she stutters the words as she asks then frowns and hastily adds, "Master?"

"Subject-3," he is still smiling, "I am the Master, you are the subject. You are now in my dissertation and I will dictate the progress."

"Yes Master," she lowers her head, "Sorry."

"First I want you to stand and face me," he indicates with his hand where he wants her to stand.

She moves without speaking to stand a foot from him at the lower end of the bed.

"Touch me," he instructs.