Chapter 11 - Cry in My Funeral, Will You?

Börja om från början

"Kid... about my magic, could you keep it a secret?"

The boy tilted his head. 'Why not? King Nightmare would be pleased to see a magic-wielding servant.'

"It's supposed to be a secret but I showed it to you because you're a really, really good kid. Can this be our secret?" Ink held out his pinkie for a promise and he knows he looked dumb at the mercy of a child.

'You won't tell Error I stole the caramels, will you?' The hopeful expression from the other made Ink nod.

The kid grinned and imitated the action from Ink and linked their pinkies together.

Ink didn't ask why the other should have just requested those to the cooks in his tower or from the Royal Palace straight. The boy was already leaving and making his way to the door. The rifle was slung once again on his back. Ink stood up to get the other to the entrance of the tower as an excuse to pass by the changing room on his way back.

The younger's in a happier state as he skipped around the halls holding the stuffed bear. Probably because he got what he wanted. They made it to the entrance and Ink was glad that the other forgot to ask his name. He didn't thought about that and gladly the other didn't too.

He noticed a man wearing a uniform. He assumed it was a guard but the way he was dressed was eye catching. The guard was wearing a red and white colored armor and has numbers by the shoulder with a matching heart on the other shoulder. He looked like a card from that Alice in Wonderland and wears a smile even when the child arrived. No one was there and only the guard.

The Seventh sat down on the guard's shoulders. He waved at Ink before the guard finally walked and the boy started making gestures. Ink remembered the new guard here telling him that the Last Tower or where the Seventh resides, has servants dressed in peculiar clothes.

He wondered if he should tell Error but decided against it. Error would most likely throw a fit if he admit that he sneaked out and worst of all, met and interact with the Seventh General no less. He didn't find anything useful but he was sure he could get some tomorrow. He shrugged and went on his way up the stairs.

Eh, what he doesn't know won't hurt him.

---|---

Error entered the room almost with relief to see Ink sitting on the bed with arms crossed. He sighed at the other's expression but found himself sitting down.

"Ink-"

"You left me. Again." The emphasis was enough for Error to understand that the other didn't appreciate it.

"Sorry, I can't risk it. Everything will be fine, okay? Do you want to do something else?"

"This... wasn't normal but is there a bath here?" Ink asked with a blush. "I always take one in our world and I just... it seemed weird not to take one for a long time."

Error sighed at the request but he knew better not to object. It's the least he could do for him. He gave a small smile and stood up from his seat. It was still around Lunch and the food was still not there. Baths weren't something necessary with skeletons but what can he say? Some have preferences. He caught Blue turning the corner to their room and immediately approached the servant.

"Si-sir! I'm about to give your food, I'm sorry if it took long. I-"

"It's fine. Could you do me a favor? Can you tell them to set up a bath?" He asked and took the tray from Blue who immediately went to tell them the order.

He got in with Ink still sitting down. The other looked up as he entered with the food. He gave a grin as he put down the tray by the study table beside an empty... bowl? Bowl of what?