~17~

A/N: ayyo ladies and gentlemen!!

this chapter is um interesting?

i hope so atleast ksjksjksj

The repeated ringing of the doorbell, cut through the silence of the mansion.

There was no one bustling around, cleaning or cooking something because Jungkook had dismissed all the maids for the week.

So the house was completely silent, with the only two occupants of the house seated in the living room, tense and anxious.   

Jungkook slowly got up from the couch he and Taehyung had been sitting on to go and open the door.

There stood the woman they had be waiting for.

Mrs Kim.

Taehyung's mother.

"Good evening, Mrs Kim."

Jungkook said stiffly as he tried not to show his distaste for the woman.

"Good evening, Mr Jeon. Your husband's luggage is in the car, you can take it in, while I talk to my son."

She said, her lips curling with disgust as she said the last word.

"Oh no, it would be very rude of me, to not show you in Mrs Kim. The luggage can wait."

Jungkook said sharply, not liking how the conversation was headed.

Mrs Kim just nodded curtly before walking past Jungkook, into the living room where Taehyung was seated, his leg bouncing with nervousness.

Sighing Jungkook followed after her into living room.

"There you are Jeon Taehyung."

Mrs Kim said sharply, her hands on her hips.

"Mother. Why are you here?"

Taehyung asked, trying to not let his fear be evident in his voice. He couldn't believe he was really having this conversation with his mother.

How could his mother even imagine that he'd do something like that?

If his own mother didn't know him, then who would?

She should know that he was not capable of doing something as despicable as that.

But then again, she never really did care about him, so how would she even know, Taehyung thought bitterly as his mother continued to glare daggers at him.

When would this stop?

When would they finally love him for him and not treat him as an asset or an object or a trading deal?

Suddenly he felt a hand creep into his, interlacing their fingers.

Taehyung peeked to his side to see Jungkook standing firmly by his side, hand clutched in his, in reassurance.

Jungkook turned slightly to look at him, sending him a reassuring smile, telling him that he's going to stand by his side no matter what, before turning back to glaring daggers at the woman who he called mother.

"You know exactly what you've done you ungrateful brat."

Jungkook clenched his jaw hard after that.

How could she even think of saying something like that to Taehyung of all the people.

Taehyung would probably never even hurt a fly.