~7~

A/N: ayyo ladies and gentlemen.

i hear the wedding bells ringing.

call dibs, i'm the priest.

As the wedding band started, Taehyung waited for his cue to start walking down the rose petal covered aisle.

But his cue, his father who was supposed to walk him down, was quite conveniently missing.

'Don't tell me he will skip my wedding also just like he skipped my graduation.'

He thought bitterly, looking around for his father.

His mother was there, sitting right in the front, looking like the perfect trophy wife in her violet gown.

But his father was absolutely no where in sight.

Taehyung wanted to feel disappointed but somewhere in deep, he had known something like this would happen.

Things like this had happened all his life. His father had never bothered about him as long as he never did anything to bring embarrassment to the Kim family.

But he had hoped that his father would at least show up here today.

It was his only child's wedding that was happening against Taehyung's wishes but for his father's happiness, he was doing it without any complains.

Dejected, his head hung low as the wedding band continued to play without him entering the hall.

Suddenly he heard someone slide up to his side, pulling his hand into their grasp.

Taehyung looked up in hope, thinking that his father had shown up in the end.

But to his further disappointment, it wasn't his father.

It was his hyung, Namjon hyung.

"Hey Tae."

He whispered softly to the frowning boy.

"Hey hyung. Where's father?"

Namjoon looked down towards his shining black shoes, avoiding eye contact with the boy in front of him.

Gulping slowly, he managed to choke it out,

"Uh Tae, your father's secretary just messaged me. He has to sign some important deal today. He won't be able to make it to the wedding. He said he'll try coming to the reception at least."

Taehyung looked at him with a blank face.

"Oh."

That's all he managed to say before looking down, tears swimming in his eyes, threatening to leak out any second.

Did his father seriously not care about him at all?

All these years he had never paid him any attention, almost as if he never existed.

But then when the wedding arrangement had come up, his father finally started interacting with him, acknowledging him, even if only to tell him to marry the Jeon CEO and how to behave around him.

The only reason Taehyung had even agreed to marry him was because he thought that his father would finally care.

But it seems that his father had stopped caring the moment the deal had been confirmed.

Why did he mean nothing to his parents?

"I'm sorry Tae."

Taehyung softly shook his head.