~9~

A/N: ayyo ladies and gentlemen!!

this chapter is a real ride i hope everyone likes it.

does anyone wanna take a guess what happens in this chapter?

*BANG*

The sharp cutting noise sliced through the noisy atmosphere of the reception, leaving a deadly silence behind. Everyone froze in place, not daring to move. The music came to an abrupt halt.

Someone was shot.

But who?

Jungkook looked around worriedly. He hoped no one close to him was injured. He did a quick check of the people close to him to see if they were all right.

It wasn't too close to them so he knew it wasn't Taehyung and his parents too were just in front of him.

Glancing at them he knew they were also safe.

Then who was it?

Suddenly he felt Taehyung freeze in his arms and clutch on to his forearms tightly, nails digging in. He was trying to say something, but his eyes were stuck on something beyond Jungkook's shoulder.

And then he started trembling.

"K-Koo-K B-Be-"

He was whimpering something, but he wasn't able to comprehend what Taehyung was saying.

"Taehyung? What happened?''

Taehyung was shaking violently now, tears streaming down his face. Hiding his face in Jungkook's muscular chest, he shakily lifted on arm and pointed behind him.

Slowly Jungkook turned around, while keeping Taehyung in his arms, fearing that the trembling boy wouldn't be able to stand on his own.

As his eyes landed on what lay in front of him, he froze in his place, holding on to Taehyung even more tightly, as though if he loosened his grip even a bit, he'd disappear from there.

In the middle of the hall, where the crowd had parted away, lay Mr Kim.

With blood flowing out of the bullet hole in his back.

And he didn't seem to be moving.

Oh shit.

This can't be true.

No matter how bad the man had been to Taehyung, he didn't deserve to d-die.

But before jumping to conclusions, he needed to confirm.

As he made an attempt to untangle himself from Taehyung, the said boy clung onto him even more, whimpering,

"N-no d-don't l-leave T-Tae."

(any guesses now?)

Taehyung was clinging on to Jungkook's arms, sobbing into his chest, hiding his face.

Jungkook slowly lifted his hand, placing it on Taehyung's cheek, pulling his face up, forcing the sobbing boy to look at him.

"Shh Tae. I'm here, please calm down."

He whispered softly, trying to calm the trembling boy. They were still in public and the news reporters and camera men everywhere, recording each and every move of theirs.

They didn't care if the boy's father might have just been shot dead. They were like hungry hyenas, ready to rip apart anyone's reputation.

It was okay for Taehyung to cry, but Jungkook had to make sure he didn't say or do anything that could be used against him in the future.