Chapter 41

*Palak Pov*

I smiled when Aunty and Jasmine continued to fuss over Eli the moment we returned on Sunday night itself as both David and I had to go to work the next day.

I know we have to talk about his reaction when I said I don't want to hold any ceremony for others, but it is better to do it alone instead of involving others right now.

"Palak! Let her stay with me for today." Aunty suddenly asked and I can say kind of just stated her intention more than asking about it.

It is actually not a problem as she is comfortable to sleep anywhere and not fussy about anything when it comes to sleeping. I nodded and she left as it is already time to sleep.

"Bhabhi! There is a surprise for you." Jasmine whispered and David glared at her hearing those words and she immediately left before he can scold her.

"You already got the changes done?" I asked, turning towards him and he nodded smiling.

"I took Jasmine's help to get your things shift too. You need to do any work." He replied forwarding his hand and I smiled holding it.

We stepped into the study room and I immediately found a small table beside his table. Did he actually make changes to the study room too?

He had to change his table to adjust this and tone of the room also changed to a light color. It feels more like his style now and I guess this is needed.

When I took a step into his... our room, I paused, looking at the clear changes he made with the bed and the wall color too. There is even a painting of the moon and stars on one side of the wall.

"Elisha will sleep here and I placed a movable partition. It's like her own room, but we will be closer like this." He explained while showing the partition.

"When did you get it done?" I mumbled, looking around and found even the wardrobe is changed.

"I was planning for long and was in talks with a few people already. When you stayed at your Dad's place, I immediately got them to start working. Mom overlooked it and she enjoyed doing it." He explained scratching his forehead.

"David!" I mumbled, reaching closer to him before holding his hands with mine.

"You don't like it?" he asked looking around.

"Thank you! I wouldn't have done any of these changes and wouldn't have put this much concentration for sure. I... thank you." I replied, staring at his face and he stared back smiling.

He leaned down before kissing me, but I took a step back asking, "Did Aunty took Eli because she thought..."

I couldn't finish the sentence while he chuckled when I cleared my throat. He shook his head before pulling me into his arms before I could take another step back.

"Even if she hadn't I wouldn't have left you alone. I stopped to take a step towards this in the other room thinking we should have our new start from our own room. I couldn't do it at your Das's place, of course." He mumbled while I glared at him for talking like that when I am trying to control my weird thought.

"Why do you think I placed this partition?" he added, raising his eyebrow and I rolled my eyes at his plan before pushing him away to reach the wardrobe.

"I need to go to work tomorrow and I am tired." Saying that I left him alone to freshen up before he could see the smile on my face.

The smile slipped from my face entering the washroom remembering the last memory I had from this place. My hands trembled the moment I touched the wash basin.