Chapter 32

#After Six Months#

*David Pov*

"Can I talk to you?" I got startled hearing her voice and even pushed my chair back to stand up immediately.

"Wh... what?" I asked not believing that she is here to talk to me by herself.

"Am I disturbing you right now?" she asked, glancing at the pile of work I am trying to work on even though today is Sunday.

I want to spend time with Elisha in the evening and it is better to finish this before she wakes up. However, I think she already did as her Mother is holding her right now while she is gazing around.

"Sure! I mean, sure, you can talk to me and I am not busy right now." I replied, clearing my throat before gesturing her to sit on the couch and I moved my chair near to her.

Why does she suddenly want to talk to me? I know I shouldn't be this surprised as we were communicating normally when she started taking care of Mom and Jasmine along with Elisha, when we lost Bhai but last month onwards she went back to her silent form towards me.

Even I didn't disturb her much as she already has too much to do and for now I am fine with her increasing bond with Mom and Jasmine. And at the same time glad to have a chance to spend time with Elisha at least for a few hours.

I smiled, staring at our baby who is kind of fussy recently and it can be blamed on teething. However, she is also making sounds right now and we all are able to hear her trying to call her Mom. Will there be a day when I can openly try to make her call me?

I shook my head to remove those thoughts because right now I am content with all this and I don't want to be greedy too. I can't force Palak no matter what.

"What do you want to talk about? Is there any problem?" I asked, clearing my throat when she finally calmed down Elisha.

"Are you upset regarding James's decision? He shouldn't have left the will like that." She commented and I can understand what is she talking about.

"No one is upset about that and no one can be except for you. He shouldn't have made such demands from you." I replied making her frown.

"I think we both are not talking about the same thing." She mumbled sighing before finally glancing at me as she was just staring at our daughter all this time.

"I was complaining about the fact that he left out his shares in my names instead of yours and you are talking about the conditions he added to those shares, right?" I nodded realizing we were really talking about different things.

Bhai left out his shares for her, but actually for Elisha. However, Palak needs to deal with those until Elisha is major. He left his assets for Mom and Jasmine while a few shares to me along with this house.

Everything was fine, but he actually added the conditions that Palak has to deal with the business matters falling on her shoulders because of these shares by herself and if she needs help then only I can get involved and not outsiders.

I felt his conditions are something that forces her to do the things she doesn't want to. We all know she is completely blank about the business matters, but he still did this.

He did this for my sake and I will be forever thankful to leave this connection, but at the same time I can't do this to her life.

"Aunty and Jasmine are fine with this because they think this is my right as his wife, but I still want to try and transfer these to your family. I already have my brother's part which you are not taking and this will be too much. I thought a lot for this whole week and I really can't accept." She explained while I just stared at her.