Chapter 17

*Palak Pov*

Am I really doing the right thing? I thought again, even while packing up my things. I don't know why, but after I made that decision two weeks back to shift to Mumbai, I felt the need to ask myself again and again whether I really need to be doing this.

Yes! I want to be close to him, but then again this is my life too which I settled for myself. But then again, my Dad had a hand in this and that extra thought is pushing me more towards the shift.

"Have you packed everything?" Tina asked, finishing her work and walking towards me along with Veer.

"Yeah! Was it fine to handle those patients?" I asked, glancing at the files I passed to them.

"Kind of! It was a good thing that you informed them ahead. We all know they generally don't like to change their consultants. Anyway, we will be getting a new doctor soon and that will help us more." Veer replied instead of her.

"I still can't believe that you were selected to send to the main hospital. They never touched you before and this time they chose you for a long term too." Tina sighed with a worried look.

"I know you want this too because it will bring you closer to your boyfriend. But still let me whine..." she added before I can open my mouth.

"Try to come back after finishing the term. But you will not if you get married, right?" Veer was talking to himself more than to me with the way he is just going on with the topic.

"Married?" Tina and I asked him at the same time.

"Do you know something that I don't know? You guys are hiding something from me?" she asked looking at us.

"No! I am just talking in a general sense. We all know how serious she is when she started dating itself as she was completely against it. And I think he is also serious about her with the way you are even shifting to be near him. So, the next step will be marriage, right? Or you never thought about it?" he asked, frowning at us.

We both stared at him in shock. Since when did he start having a good opinion about him in the first place? I glanced at Tina and I can see that even she has the same doubt.

"I think talking about marriage is a long stretch." I whispered, smiling at him and he gave a nod before we changed he topic.

"So, how will you leave today evening? Did you book the train or will he come?" Tina asked, walking me out of the room with my stuff.

"He said he will come. I need to go home and finish packing my remaining stuff at home for movers too." I replied, smiling, and it slipped when I saw Senior walking into his cabin.

"I will go and talk to Dr. Rohit." I added, nodding at them before rushing towards his cabin, but paused near the door whether to go in or not.

"You can place them here, Dr. Palak. It will be easy for you." One of the nurse gestured the chairs and promised to look after them.

"It's okay! Can you open the door for me?" I asked her coming out of my thoughts, knowing well I will never be able to open it myself and I am glad to have this box as an excuse to ask someone else to do it.

"Yes?" he glanced up hearing the knock, but immediately paused when he saw me standing there.

"Palak!" he whispered while I walked towards the table and calmly placed the box on it.

Before I can open my mouth, my phone started ringing and I immediately lift it, feeling it as another excuse because I don't have any idea about what to say.

"Palka? I don't think I will be able to come and get you today. I have a sudden shooting during lunch and it may stretch." I frowned hearing David's voice.