Chapter 40

*David Pov*

"Palak!" I whispered her name again to make sure everything is real and not just a dream.

I really hope right now I am not in a dream holding her in my arms while lying on the bed in her room. Will I be in my room the moment I open my eyes?

"Hmm..." she made the same sound like before not saying anything else and I frowned more hearing the same response.

"What is it?" she finally asked when I stopped calling her.

"What if... what if you disappear from my hold when I open my eyes?" I asked honestly not wishing to keep that doubt in my head.

"I could!" she replied and this is just confirming that all this is really a dream.

"But if I hold you back, it wouldn't feel like that. Right?" she asked, turning around in my arms before I felt her arms holding me back.

"David!" she called after a few seconds and I slowly opened my eyes only to meet her stare.

"Still a dream?" she asked, shifting her hand to place it on my cheek before caressing it.

"You are not angry at me?" I asked and she nodded patiently.

"You are not going to leave this place?" she again nodded this time smiling.

"You love me?" she again nodded, but paused understanding my question.

"It's okay!" I whispered when she just stared at me with a frown covering her face.

She may need more time to fall in love with me again, but the fact that she is not angry at me anymore and also that she is going to stay here without leaving is more than enough.

I smiled, thinking about our earlier actions the way we stumbled to the bed while kissing and not pausing for a second. Whole night we slept together with her in my arms and all this is definitely real.

"David!" she suddenly called breaking my thoughts and I glanced at her smiling.

"I love you!" she mumbled, staring at me with a surprised look and I stared back at her with a shocked look covering my face after hearing those words.

"David?" she called, frowning when I continued to stare at her without saying anything and I broke out of my shock this time with her voice.

"Really? Like really?" I asked to make sure I hear something else while she is saying other things.

"I guess it's my fault that you are not believing anything I am saying right now." she mumbled sighing before snuggling into my arms while caressing my back.

"It's not your fault." I assured her before smiling while thinking about the shocks she is giving me from yesterday.

I guess the tables have turned because I was the one to shock her until now while she is doing it without giving me a small break.

"I love you so much, Palak." I mumbled hugging her tightly before glancing at Elisha's crib where she is moving.

"I guess I am a bad father." I added, frowning and she immediately glanced up frowning after hearing those words.

"Why?" I caressed her face before glancing back at the crib.

"All this time I was wishing to be able to be present when Elisha wakes up in the morning and hold her first. But now I want her to wait for some more time before waking up." I explained and she smiled hearing those words.

"And I just remembered her presence too." I added shaking my head.

"Then am I a bad mother? I didn't remember her presence until you talked about her." She pointed back and I glanced at her in surprise for shocking me yet again.