Chapter 37

*Palak Pov*

What have I done just now? I thought, glancing at him and he has the same expression, but that shock left when I found Satish is pushing his way to reach us from the crowd.

He pointed out at the guy standing beside my brother and I know that he is the son of the client we came here for. No wonder it was easy for them to act this way as this was his house.

"I need to add that my husband has been drugged in this party and we are going to take a legal action." I added which stunned Satish but he calmly shifted to stand beside us.

"We caught the helper who helped the two people who planned this and we have the security footage." He mumbled making me sigh in relief.

"Thank you for having high level security in your new home, but I need to have a word with you." I said, looking at the client who is still having a bewildered expression on his face.

"Get the main culprit to get arrested first." I ordered Satish before gesturing the client to follow me while I am still holding this person's hand who is conscious but still weak.

After entering the shed, I calmly explained the whole situation and he is even more shocked to hear that his son is involved in this incident.

"He can either become a witness or be an accomplice to get arrested. He just needs to learn to never do it and this allowance is because of our business relationship." I added feeling bad to let him go but with a witness the case will be strong against my brother otherwise it would be a weak case and if this person fights against us then it will take too long because of his power.

"He will be the witness even if he has to die." He mumbled, walking out while I glanced at the door only to find Chief is here with the doctor I requested him to bring.

"He is really drugged?" he asked, walking closer and I gave him a nod before taking my hand away from his body but he in turn took hold of my hand.

"I will be just here. We have to go home, right?" I asked and he slowly nodded before releasing my hand.

"He is really weak because of the medicines and then this drug." I explained glancing at the chief who is looking at us with a confused expression.

"You both are married?" he asked and I sighed, walking away to finish the matter outside.

As usual, my brother is making a huge fuss while getting arrested and I found Dad standing near the door instead of the police.

"You want me to let him go, Dad?" I asked, reaching him but he shook his head.

"I can't believe he tried to defame your character like that. How can he do that to his sister?" he asked in a shocked tone.

"You can't arrest me for this small issue. We will settle it by ourselves." My brother stressed before shifting to reach me.

And somehow all the guests kind of left already except for a few, but the remaining one are related to Dad's company.

"You are not getting arrested just for this, Prakash. We found the evidence of you being the one who planned my husband's accident. He is still under medication, but you attacked him again with some drug. So, this is your second attempt murder on him, which definitely makes it something really serious to get you arrested." I pointed out and he finally got dragged away.

"He will be the witness." The client added and I gave him a nod, but didn't thank him knowing well I have to make this person to be our client only this time and not again.

"He really planned the accident? I... how can he do this? I thought the first was just unintentional and now..." Dad whispered from my side and I know he is feeling worst right now but I couldn't help but utter the next words.