Chapter 31

*David Pov*

"What are you doing here if you are that worried about her?" I glanced away from my mobile screen hearing his words.

"Are you trying to push me out of the room?" I asked, leaning backwards on the chair while he just sighed lying on the bed.

That day when he lost the consciousness and when we had to rush him to the hospital, I was scared to even think about what will happen to him.

However, surprising all of us he asked for the operation the moment he woke up. Even though he got ready for it, they asked him to wait for two days to do some tests and finally operated on him.

It was definitely successful, but he had to stay back at the hospital and it's been one month since he started living at the hospital.

Even though each one of were surprised by his decision to go ahead for the operation, none of us asked him why did he even changed his decision because this is what everyone wished for.

"Are you prepared for tomorrow's meeting?" he asked back instead of answering me.

This is another important issue as tomorrow they are going to announce me as the CEO with my brother resigning the position last week. It's not that everyone is fine with this decision, but he was already in words with many people even before I started working seriously.

"Do you think he is planning something?" I asked, glancing at my phone still waiting for the call.

Palak just left the hospital when I reached here to stay with my brother. I already appointed a few bodyguards, but I am still worried about her.

"It's been one month and he didn't do anything but he may trouble you in future so you need to be very careful with the work." He warned and I gave him a nod.

We increased the security for everyone realizing we can't take him lightly. However, we heard Palak's Dad is no longer supporting him like before after he tried to attack Palak at the meeting.

I sighed in relief looking at the message her driver sent that they reached home before concentrating on my brother who is actually smiling at me.

"What will you do from tomorrow onwards? You will be really busy with all the work load." He pointed out, but I just smiled in return.

"I will definitely not take everything into my hands. I already found a few people at our company who is very capable and I am going to share the work. So, I will still disturb you every day." I assured him and I know he wants to scold me right now but he just changes the topic.

During this one month not just the development of work at the company, but there were lots of changes. Palak is getting closer to Jasmine and kind of with Mom.

She is still treating me as just a brother of James but that is more than enough for me. At least she is not treating me as some stranger she doesn't want to even look at.

"Will I be able to return home?" I pushed my thoughts away hearing those words from him.

"You can return right now. I can get all the needed medical equipment installed at home and will get some help from the hospital too. You already rejected this, but do you want me to do it now?" I asked leaning forward.

"No! I was just asking and I am completely fine here. Mom is spending time here during the morning and Palak is staying here from afternoon to evening while during nights you are staying. So, it's fine, but I don't want you all to be troubled." He replied sighing.

"No one is troubled and you just concentrate on recovering. The operation was not a minor one." I mumbled, standing up to start working after taking this small break.