Chapter 35

*Palak Pov*

I frowned, looking at the number I was sure will not appear on my phone screen again instead of the one I was expecting.

It's been nearly a week since he went to the meeting and he continued to call everyday in the evening and then at night. He already knows my schedule, but he still calls during my work timings and ask about Eli.

I just have to reply that I am at work before hanging up. He will never call me again until nine at night when Eli generally spends time with him every day.

However, when I heard my phone ringing at his casual time, I found it is actually from my Dad instead of him. I sighed, picking up the call because it's been so long since he contacted me.

"What is it, Dad?" I asked without greeting him and can hear him sighing.

"Don't worry, Palak. I am not going to ask for anything and just wanted to have a talk with you." He assured and I am definitely not feeling guilty for my earlier question.

"I met David yesterday after the meeting, but couldn't meet him. But when he was about to check out earlier, I stopped him for a chat." He added and this time I excused myself from the department room to walk out towards the garden.

"Why?" I asked because he just had a chat with the person who already took a revenge on his company and continuing to do every time they get a chance.

I thought he would stop after getting my brother thrown out of the company, but he is continuing his plan at a small pace and didn't reduce the security around each one of us.

I wanted to tell him that there is no need to do all this, but then I can't take a chance with Eli. So much happened for her safety from the time I was carrying her and we can't take a chance now when I still remember my brother's act that day towards me.

"I was embarrassed to call you and talk to you about my granddaughter. So, I asked him generally but he didn't utter a single word about her. He said you have every right regarding her and if I want something, then I need to ask you. I really want to meet her, Palak. She will be one year old soon, right? Can I meet her during that time?" he requested while I am still stuck with the reply he got from him.

"I know that every time we met, I asked for absurd things and I don't think you are wrong regarding the share issue. I am fine with your decision of marrying James and everything else. I just... just want to be present in both your lives at least from far." He added and this time I sighed hearing all the right words but it is definitely late.

"Dad! I can't have trust in you that you will not support Bhai again if he ever causes a trouble. I have seen you doing it for the past so many years and habits never change. I even got myself separated from both of you by choosing a different profession and a different place because I didn't want to see both of you supporting wrong things. I don't know how important I was for you, but Elisha is everything for me. Until I can trust you to be a right figure in her life, I can't allow this." I stated without hesitating for a moment.

"All this time the people I am allowed in her life are the ones I know for sure who will care and protect her. Maybe... maybe I need some time, but I can't trust Bhai and can't trust the ones who support him." I added closing my eyes never thinking I will ever say these things to my Dad.

"But he... he took revenge..." he didn't continued when I cut him off saying, "He cares for her and wishes to protect her with all his efforts and those are more than the ones I am trying to give her."

I am sure of this and I am not that blind. I have seen his every action from my pregnancy time and till this day. I ignored his actions, but never forget them all this time.