Chapter 5

*Palak Pov*

"Who is she?" I frowned, hearing a voice and groaned, feeling the pain to even open my eyes.

Seems like I cried too much and now I have to suffer for that. I stilled feeling a hand on my shoulder patting in a gentle rhythm as if to settle me back to sleep.

"Shh! You are disturbing my girlfriend." I opened my mouth and closed it not making a sound, hearing those words in a familiar voice.

I am disturbing his girlfriend? I thought, feeling confused by his words and at the same time not understanding his rhythmic pat.

"Girlfriend? You already have a girlfriend then what about Doctor..." whatever that person wished to say got cut off, but his rude voice asking, "Is it any of your business?"

"It is my business, Mr. David. You are the patient, but your girlfriend is the one occupying the bed and the blanket which is a discomfort for you. I need to take care of my patients as it is my job." She replied steadily not getting affected by his voice and that definitely made me smile.

"All this food is also for her?" she asked and he replied in positive.

"I will get another blanket." After those words, I heard the door close and I immediately sat up staring straight at him.

I realized we both are lying on the bed, but facing each other with my legs near his head and vice-versa. I glanced at my watch to see it is already past ten.

"I am sorry about this. You should have woke me up." I mumbled arranging my coat and shifted the blanket covering me over his body.

"You were sleeping soundly and all this didn't disturb me. There was no point to wake you up at all." He shrugged staring at my face.

"Thank you!" saying that I shifted to get down, but he suddenly held my hand and pulled me over him.

The next thing I know is a blanket covering both of us and I am lying completely over him. I immediately struggled to get up, but he placed his arm around my waist holding me down.

"If you don't want the entire hospital to know that we both shared a single bed, you better not move." He warned in a low voice.

"Here! If you need anything else, call for us." She again left the room and I finally sighed in relief.

However, he didn't let me go even after she left. I tapped his chest, but there was no response from his side and then after a few seconds, he lifted the blanket over his head letting the light pass through the space.

"I can see a few people near the door. Do you want to let them know about your presence?" he asked, frowning still using low voice.

"No! But how long can I stay like this? Isn't your shoulder hurting?" I asked, staring at his shoulder and frowned when he chuckled hearing my words.

"You can just think about the present situation and not deal this as a doctor. And I think you should be worrying about something else." He whispered when I turned to stare at his face.

He placed a finger on my lips when I opened them to give my own explanation and like he said I can hear footsteps near his door. I groaned closing my eyes because of the way they are behaving.

It's not like we never had celebrities before and there was gossip in the same way, but this time it's just worse. I am a part of the reason and I wish these few days would just pass soon.

Isn't he embarrassed because of all this? Of course! Today's incident is for my sake, but whatever happened before is by his own plans.

I glanced up sighing only to stare straight at his face. At that moment I finally realized what he was saying earlier. I was lying like this completely over him and worried about his shoulder but didn't think that I am practically pressed to his body in all this.