Chapter 19

PEOPLE AROUND PALAK ANAND

Girish Anand (Father)

Prakash Anand (Brother)

Dr. Rohit (Senior)

Tina and Veer (Co-workers)

Sandhya (Brother's Ex (Di))

PEOPLE AROUND DAVID MATTEW

James Anthony (Brother)

Jasmine Anthony (Sister)

Mrs. Anthony (Mother(Mattew is maternal surname))

Satish (Manager)

Harsha Gode (Family friend+Doctor(CHIEF))

Mrs. Gode (Same and very small role for now)

Ruksana (CEO of his agency)

Ms. X (Still not revealed)

*This is the character list for now. Why do I feel our Palak is at the losing end... Let's hope that will not be the case by the end of the story.

*Palak Pov*

"Uff! How many times do I have to wake you up?" I groaned, finally hitting on his shoulder and he immediately sat up in shock.

"Did you just hit me?" he asked, rubbing his eyes and even gave out a yawn at the end of his question.

"For the past one hour, Satish is waiting for you. And your phone is buzzing like crazy for the past two hours. What else should I have done?" I asked him, frowning and passed the phone which he immediately took from my hands while I rolled my eyes.

"I didn't snoop and even asked Satish whether there is anything urgent to deal with and make sure he handle it as you are not picking up your phone." Saying that I turned to leave but he took hold of my wrist before I can take any step.

"You do realize that I got abused by you today, right?" I sighed feeling tired.

What and all I just told him and he is still hung up on that fact? Why do I love him again? Just why? From the first day he did everything to trouble me and is still in the process.

"What are you thinking?" he asked, pulling my hand to make me turn around.

"I am asking myself why do I even love you." I replied, shrugging and he left my hand as if he got shocked.

I chuckled, seeing his expression and I think I kind of have an idea why do I love him. Would it have been possible to be this happy if not for him? Maybe, but I am not sure about it though.

"You just get ready and I will pay back." Saying that I walked away yawning myself.

If not for his schedule, I could have definitely slept for longer. Damn! I should really question myself again. I thought, smiling before preparing our breakfast and maybe even go to work early today to research more on the VIP condition.

"I know there is no time but you have to finish it." I literally had to order him to finish the breakfast as he tried to just run out of the house when his phone started ringing again.

"That's why you should have got up when I tried to wake you up." I mumbled, shaking my head when he just stuffed the bread into his mouth.

"It's your fault." That's all he said, walking towards the basin to clean his mouth.

"How?" I asked him, frowning, but he just shook his head.

"Wait!" I stopped him from leaving and arranged the tie properly before placing my hands on his shoulder.