Chapter 34

*David Pov*

"Is something wrong, David? You had a conference during this time, right?" Mom asked when I calmly walked out of the kitchen after she rushed away.

"It got postponed." I mumbled, still in shock with my own actions.

What have I done? Will she get angry and leave? Oh god! Why didn't I stop myself? Do I regret? No! Somehow I don't regret it, but scared about the result for sure. But then she... she kissed me back and of not for Jasmine's footsteps, I don't know what would have happened.

It is a good thing that we heard Jasmine or else it would have been a disaster for sure if they caught us in that situation. Damn it! What am I even thinking right now when there is a chance for her to leave this house because of this?

I heard their discussion about the shopping they did and the shopping they have to do later for some time before escaping into my study room, but continued to pace around thinking about a plan to stop her from leaving.

Is she packing her bags? No! She actually said she will freshen up and then will eat something, right? Should I go out and see how is she going to react to this or will I be making it worse by showing by face this soon?

Why am I thinking so much? She will let me know her reactions by herself and then I will deal with the situation. Didn't I decide to just show her whatever I feel at any moment without hiding them?

That's what I just did and I don't regret it no matter what. My reaction surprised me for sure, but it feels right and I just need to go and see her before thinking about anything else.

I rushed out of the study room and found her sitting with Mom and Jasmine while I can hear her talking about lunch arrangements for tomorrow.

"Do not worry about anything and we will prepare everything properly. They are your friends and your senior too and we will make sure nothing goes missing." Mom assured her smiling while I stiffened hearing the word senior.

"Mom! I will be home for tomorrow." They stared at me in surprise hearing those words while Palak just stared at the fruits she is having.

Why is she not looking at me? Angry? Disappointment? How will I know if I can't see her expressions? With that in mind, I sat beside her, ignoring another set of shocked expressions on their faces as I never approached her before them and always maintained a distance.

"You don't have work?" Mom asked frowning.

"No! I am quite free right now." I replied, smiling while Jasmine gave me a doubtful look.

"What? I am good at sharing my work. So, what shall we do tomorrow?" I asked as if I didn't hear them talking at all.

"Her friends are going to come for lunch. We can go out in the evening." Mom replied believing my words.

"That's great! I will be able to meet them. It's been so long since I met them." I mumbled and I felt Palak staring at me.

I immediately stared back, but felt disappointment when she gave a blank look. What should I assume this for? Seriously, this is really harder than seeing her anger expression.

"Is she sleeping?" I asked, changing the subject and she shook her head in negative.

"I will go to her. She must have got tired with all the shopping." I mumbled getting up and escaped into her room, ignoring her earlier warning that I shouldn't enter her room again.

However, I found Elisha sleeping peacefully making me frown but then when I heard a door opening and closing, I realized she just lied to me.

"We need to have a talk, right?" I groaned before turning around to stare at her who is leaning on the door with her hands folded.