Chapter 3

*Palak Pov*

"Everything is good now. Just continue to do the exercises we just explained even at home and you will be completely fine." I informed smiling at the patient while she nodded hearing my words.

"If there is any difficulty, let us know." I added before signing her report and walked away after excusing myself.

I started walking towards the water can but stopped looking at Tina's expression who is already standing there drinking water.

She gestured me to look towards the entrance and I turned to see my famous patient entering the room. I shook my head and continued to walk towards her.

"It's already one week and he is still coming early to his appointments even after you made sure to inform him every day." She commented passing the glass.

"Why don't you complain to the head?" she asked, frowning and waved at someone.

"What happened?" Veer asked, walking towards us after she waved at him and she started explaining about my patient.

I can't say they are over reacting because even I would have felt the same, but I really don't have any energy to involve into a fight and let my senior make the decisions which could disappoint me if it goes wrong.

"Just think what your other patients would have gone through if he was not your last patient everyday?" Veer asked frowning.

"Both of you just leave it. At least I am finishing my work early because of him." I pointed out but they shook their heads.

"You are staying longer than before. Sometime he is making you walk him to his room too, whenever his manager disappears." Tina pointed back.

"Why is his leg still hurting?" he asked, frowning and I explained how it is not a simple fracture but he got it operated too.

"I am just worried sometimes that this one month will not be enough for him to get better." I mumbled throwing the cup in the garbage can.

"He stopped using the crutch. I think he is getting better and the pain should be occasional." Veer commented and I nodded, glancing over my shoulder to look at him but blinked meeting his stare.

I immediately turned to stare at Tina asking, "He was looking this side all this time?"

"Yeah! Where else would he look when you are his physiotherapist?" she asked, frowning and I frowned back at her.

Had I just reacted too much about a small matter which is like normal for everyone? But it was really not normal when I found him staring at me just now.

I shook my head clearing my thoughts and nodded at her smiling. We three stood there for some more time while they both shared the new cases they got today.

"I guess I need to go now. I can't let his eyes hurt too much." I commented, turning around to leave them.

"At least today try to finish your session within the time he is allotted." Veer's voice reached my ears before I took another step towards Mr. David.

I shook my head and continued to walk before reaching him. He gave me a nod and I nodded back with a polite smile which he didn't return of course.

I don't think I have seen him smile at all but his expression definitely softens whenever he talks about racing. He even properly talks when I ask about the details of racing.

He really wants to go back to that life otherwise he would have felt uncomfortable to talk or hear about any of that. I have experienced some people like that and I am glad he is not one of them otherwise all the sessions would have been on mute.