Chapter 13

*David Pov*

I sighed climbing the stairs after the car left, but couldn't take a step towards the room with everything that happened today. Sitting on the last step, I leaned onto the railing to not enter her home with this bad mood.

As there is still some time for her to return home, it is better to push away all my thoughts before that happens so as to not disturb her about my problems. Maybe I should have waited for a week before entering that company to not be in the mindset like now. I still can't believe the confrontation I had with him today.

"I don't think it is a good idea to get called into the CEO's cabin on the day I am just showing my face to the HR department." I mumbled walking into his cabin while he just stared at me.

"What? Should I start knocking from today itself?" I asked arrogantly before walking towards the chair and sat down.

"Are you done? I know you are angry, but you need to be careful from now on. You are still a new employee while I am a CEO." He finally uttered with a calm expression that I wish I can shatter somehow.

"If I am just a new employee then why did you call me here?" I asked frowning.

"I wanted to know why you decided to suddenly go along with my wishes when you were rebelling for all these months." He replied, staring straight at me while I looked away not wishing to show him my guilty expression.

"Why do you care about that?" I mumbled clearing my throat.

"Because it should be something to care about." How can I escape from his questioning right now.

"I just couldn't bear you pushing me towards it and it was a nuisance for me to just continue like usual. So, I will just try it out and see where it goes." I explained, looking at him straight ignoring the guilt completely.

"Then you did a great job during the interview for just trying it out. I don't know how you will be when you want it with your heart." He said leaning back still with a calm expression not showing what he is actually thinking.

"I always take up the tasks that I succeed and I never..." I couldn't finish the sentence no matter how much I tried knowing well I am nothing but lying right now.

"Are you hiding anything from me?" he suddenly asked and I know he is not someone who gets fooled easily, but this time I really want to hide everything from him.

"Yes! Do you want me to tell each and every detail of my life, even though I had to give up my dreams because of your wish?" I asked, looking straight at him and finally there is a change in his expression.

This is what I wanted, but now I don't feel good for making him look guilty by my words. I immediately stood up to leave, but his words paused my steps.

"I am doing everything for your good only. I hope you will understand this later." I closed my eyes, hearing those words, but just continued to walk out of the cabin.

Maybe I will understand later, but that is not the case at present. Anyway, he still doesn't know that the change in my decision is also because of someone else and not just because of him. What will be his reaction when he finds out about that?

Anyway, it is best to finish off everything now that I even entered the company. With that thought I left the place to reach my agency, but I didn't realize the agency would be this stubborn too.

"What are you doing here?" I got startled hearing her voice coming from behind me as I was waiting for her to climb the stairs and find me after reaching home.