Chapter 27

(This is to explain how David felt from the beginning."

*David Pov*

"Stop! You can't do anything right now." They held me back before I can take the second step and I fought them with my everything but I couldn't stop anything at all like they said and this time I felt the tears forming in my eyes while I lost energy in my whole body. Why? Why did it end like this?

After that I don't even know what is happening around me. Did I just witness my brother marrying Palak? Why? How could this happen?

"David! What is this about you planning everything? Is it really true?" I can hear Mom questioning me while I just stood there in the living room waiting for Bhai and Palak to come home along with everyone for the answers.

Why did she do it? She replied to my message and accepted for this plan, right? Then why? I closed my eyes, wishing all this to be just a dream. This is not the first time I wished for many things to be just a dream.

"Jasmine? Is something wrong? I will call you later." I said while checking the time and gesturing Satish to calm down who is rushing me to keep my phone away and start the engine to reach the start point.

"Bhai!" I frowned, hearing her crying.

"What happened?" I asked while gesturing Satish to wait as he is ready to pluck my phone away from my hands.

"They got into an accident, Bhai. Grace died and Bhai... Bhai is getting operated." She replied and I sat there in silence hearing all that.

"You are not joking, right?" I asked her in a whisper.

"No! Please come here, Bhai. Mom lost her consciousness too, and... and I am scared." She replied and I felt the phone taken away from my hand.

Suddenly I heard a shout asking me to start moving and I did automatically. I don't know how but I am actually in the middle of the track when it suddenly hit me what Jasmine actually said and I ended up losing my control over the wheel and all I could do was to push myself away from the track instead of hurting others. But I ended up hurting myself, which didn't help my family at all.

I should have controlled the situation and stayed beside my family instead of being another burden. However, we somehow passed the situation, but then I heard from Shruthi how the culprit escaped his punishment and my brother who just got discharged is busy with making sure the culprit doesn't harm our company which he already started.

I didn't want to but somehow went along with her plan to just get close to this girl which could effect the culprit. But I was completely hesitant even when I met her for the first time and found her to be completely professional with the way she started the therapy until I heard her words.

"So, everything is settled now? There will be no more problems? You are completely free?" She asked on the phone while I stood behind her. (Ch1)

It doesn't take a genius to know whom she is talking to making me grip the clutches tightly. How can the family support the wrongdoings of their own like this? And she is actually sighing here in relief.

After that it was difficult to even make her treat me as anything but in a professional way and Satish noticed that I was being too open with her which I shouldn't.

"Did you drop her?" I asked the moment he entered the room.

"Yes! Looks like you enjoyed the chat with her." He commented and didn't say anything else but I know what he is talking about.