Chapter 39

*Palak Pov*

"I never married James and at church it was just an act. He requested the pastor to just follow along and not be serious about it." I added, ignoring everyone's shocked looks except for Shruthi but she too stared at me in shock hearing these words.

"James gave me an option to help me go through my difficult pregnancy with some support and also to get complete parental rights without any difficulty. I didn't want to use him for this and so I chose to marry David. I had another reason to do so too." I continued when no one started saying or reacting in some way other than to stare at me in shock.

What else should I say? Should I even tell them about my revenge plan? But it will be too much to share with everyone I guess.

"What? Why didn't you tell me?" I didn't expect Satish to react first and he is actually questioning David and not me.

"I requested... ordered him to not tell anyone. You were waiting outside when we got married." I mumbled reminding him and he is again shocked.

Okay! Someone needs to say something I guess and not accuse like Satish of course. Did I do a right thing by revealing this?

But I wanted to do this from the moment I woke up today and I didn't want to cancel that plan. If I hadn't done it today, then I wouldn't have done it ever for sure.

I guess I got possessed because of Shruthi's talk from yesterday. I started everything to lead a life following my decisions and this is my decision to reveal.

"You were saying truth that day. Why did you say it was not truth later?" Chief asked frowning at me.

"I never said it was not the truth. He did and you guys made your own assumptions." I pointed out sighing in relief for a question instead of them not believing it.

"And I was really a guardian of James as his sister-in-law. I am sister-in-law of James and not David's." I added, remembering James and I kind of manipulated them from thinking we were a married couple at that time.

"Bhabhi! There was no secret affair..." Jasmine started with a confused look and Shruthi stopped her by covering her mouth.

"It's late! I guess we need to leave and give them time." She suggested getting up and they nodded following her out.

I ended up sending them off while my... my... my family is still sitting on the couch. It feels like I just revealed I married someone else instead of the person sitting on the couch.

Why is he shocked along with them when he is also a part of it? It's not like I married him without his knowledge.

I glanced at Aunty but she is looking down and her eyes are closed too. Then she sighed, getting up before walking towards the kitchen while gesturing Lakshmi Aunty to follow her.

"You go and take a rest." I mumbled to Jasmine, who nodded before going to her room.

With the help of the helpers I managed to get clear everything in the living room and found him still sitting on the couch with a confused look now. At least there is a change in his expression.

"Go and sleep." I said, walking closer and he glanced up with a questioning look.

"I don't understand..." he mumbled frowning.

"Later! We will talk tomorrow." I said before walking away to reach the kitchen.

"Go!" I mumbled finding him just sitting there, still staring at me when I turned around.

I stepped in and found her sitting in the dining area finishing the clearing in the kitchen and even Lakshmi Aunty left the room when she saw me.

"Are you okay, Aunty?" I mumbled, walking closer to her and sat beside her not understanding why is she so silent and not reacting in any way but she shook her head.