Chapter 2

*Palak Pov*

"Here!" I opened my eyes to see Veer sitting beside me and I immediately sat properly before glancing at the bottle he is offering.

"Thank you! Are you taking a break too?" I asked, opening the bottle to take a sip.

"All my appointments are done for the day. What about you?" he asked, smiling and glanced at the chart in the room we are present sitting to take a rest.

This is supposed to be the place where we take care of all the patient records and have meetings, but most of the time we just use it to take some rest whenever we feel tired sitting in these chairs. Some of us go to the dorms but some of us feel it is better to stay near to the equipment room to help if anyone needs it.

"I have one last patient, but it's after half an hour." I replied, leaning back feeling tired today and I really hope he is not going to suggest something again already knowing the answer.

"I will wait for you here and we can go somewhere. It is the weekend after all." I sighed when my worry became a reality.

I just hope at least for once we both can sit down with no discussion regarding this matter. He is a good guy, but he just doesn't believe when I say no and that is a big problem for me.

No matter how many times I have explained that I don't feel that way about him, he is not accepting my words. I try to be harsh sometimes, but how much can I try without being too rude.

"No! You already know the answer to that." I mumbled leaning forward to place my head on the table to rest my eyes.

"Just as friends." I shook my head and closed my eyes, but sat straight when I heard Tina calling me in a loud voice.

I turned to see her standing at the entrance, looking at me with a worried look. I frowned and gestured her to come towards me without shouting.

"Why are you shouting, Tina? Is there some emergency?" I asked, to which she shook her head, but nodded slightly before glancing outside.

"Your patient is here, Ms. Palak." She mumbled walking towards me.

"Already? There is still some time left, right?" I asked, looking at my watch.

"That's what he was informed when he came but he is not leaving. I tried to convince him, but the look he gave is definitely frightening. He is Mr. David and I came here to call you, not wishing to make it any worse." She replied shaking her head.

"How can he do that? Just because he is a VIP candidate?" Veer asked, standing up and I sighed following him.

"Isn't he the one who talked to me yesterday?" I asked her and she nodded.

"Is he creating too much ruckus?" I asked, taking my coat to go and let him know he can't cause trouble for others like this.

"No! He is not saying anything at all." Her words paused me.

"Then why were you so worried?" I asked her frowning, not at all understanding her.

"He is talking in a normal tone and doing anything to disturb others. It's just that he gave me a look like he will not move an inch and we don't know what will happen if someone doesn't intervene, right. So, I was worried." She explained and I kind of understand her explanation.

"Well, I guess I will be going home half and hour early." I said, smiling and walked out of the room but they continued to follow me.

"You are still fangirling him?" I asked, to which she just shrugged.