Chapter 25

*Palak Pov*

"Chief is asking for you, Dr. Palak." I turned to see a nurse standing beside me while I collecting my patients files back from the co-workers who took my cases.

"Okay!" I mumbled, but continued to check the files to check whether I got the right files and any remarks for yesterday's treatment.

"Maybe because you didn't even take one complete day as a leave even though you applied for one week, Dr. Palak." One of them commented making me frown.

"I thought you just came yesterday as it was planned because you didn't give the VIP's case to any one of us." Another joined.

"But why would he be upset if she is actually here to work?" I ignored their discussion and completed checking the files.

After giving them a polite nod, I turned around to reach his cabin before my first patient comes. Even I wanted to take this week break like I planned earlier, but there are too many things that made me ignore that idea completely.

I couldn't even sleep properly yesterday and to top of that when I woke up, I felt too awkward to stay at that place and I couldn't stand that discomfort. I still don't know how I walked out of that house without having any contact with the people in that house.

To top of all that I need to think about the options James talked about as if I am crazy enough to choose any of it. I know that I have a job and savings which could help me to live comfortably after leaving their place.

But I also know it is not enough to fight if they decide to put forward custody matter and I can't take risks with the way my condition is right now. No matter what, I will not do anything that could put my baby in any danger.

"Come in!" I walked into his cabin and found him staring at me with a nervous look.

"I wanted to talk to you yesterday itself, but... I want to explain about this matter, Palak." He started before gesturing me to sit down.

"I do not need any explanation, Chief. Except for a request that the decisions from your side will be under professional line." I stated to which he glanced down.

"And I am James's guardian. You can discuss anything with me regarding his condition." I added and he immediately stared at me with his eyes widen.

"So, this is why..." he trailed off before clearing his throat.

"I will collect all the details and talk to you about his case by next week. Do you want to continue to handle his case?" he asked, completely letting go of his hesitation from before.

"Yes! If it is not a problem for a family member to handle his case." I replied nodding at him.

"It is not a problem." he replied after which I realized I need to bring myself to request him about one thing.

"I would like no one to know about any of this." I mumbled and he immediately nodded after which I left his cabin.

I really wish he was not involved in this matter as we became close during these few months and I thought it will be a good relation like with my senior and I can learn more from him but now... will I ever be able to talk to him comfortably like before? Will I have the same kind of comfort with my senior in the first place?

****

"For me?" I asked her frowning and walked towards the reception desk after getting a nod from her.

Who will come here to visit me? What if it's from that family? I thought, feeling discomfort, but sighed a little finding Dad waiting for me. I gestured him to follow me to the garden at the back of the building where I generally held therapy sessions with James in the beginning.