Chapter 26

Hearing the faint knock, Alexander furrowed his eyebrows. Even without opening the door, he already knew who it was. And truthfully, he's not in the mood to talk to anyone, especially to the woman who was waiting outside. So he just ignored her and closed his eyes.

However, it seems like Rosemary is quite a dumb girl as she didn't give up knocking even though he's not responding.

Annoyed by the bothersome existence, Alexander roughly opened his door.

And as expected, the young and alluring woman was standing in front of him.

It was already late, and the temperature is colder than usual. However, Rosemary was only wearing a thin, white, satin night gown that barely covered her body.

As she felt Alexander's gaze on her, she looked down and bit her lower lip as her long lashes fluttered. The young lady was blushing and her silky smooth skin was in full view.

Most men will go crazy upon seeing her stunning appearance and would probably waste no time to have her.

Rosemary knows too well that she's beautiful. After all, there were plenty of nobles who wanted to be linked with her. However, such low-ranking nobles doesn't interest her. She believes that her beauty is worthy to stand among the ladies in the capital.

If there was someone worthy of her self, it was none other than a royalty... like this stupid and debaucherous prince. He may be a bit dumb but that's all to her benefit. Besides, he is the most favored among the Emperor's children and has the title of a Crowned Prince.

Anyway, she was sure that he was oggling her earlier.

So when Alexander didn't say anything, she thought that he was just shocked by her alluring figure. Rosemary glanced up to him with a sensual look and said, "Your highness... I'm... I'm getting cold."

"...Then you shouldn't have worn such thin dress."

"E-excuse me?" visibly shocked to his unexpected response, Rosemary couldn't help but to blurt out these words.

Different from her expectations, Alexander is not like 'most' men. Unlike what he shows in the public, the real him isn't someone who gets attracted easily.

In addition, he's currently in a bad mood that he didn't even remember to act nice in front of the lady.

When the Prince's expressionless eyes stared down at her, Rosemary suddenly felt a chill run down her spine. For a second, she felt suffocated by an intense pressure coming out from the prince.

The poor young lady's face paled and out of fear, she hiccupped, the only sound that could be heard on the still and quiet hallway.

Realizing that he went a bit too far, Alexander retracted the faint aura that momentarily leaked out and he quickly smiled at the lady as if his scary frown didn't even exist to begin with.

"Oh, Rosemary. I was just kidding! Were you scared?" Alexander plastered a foolish grin on his face as he played on the tip of her hair.

"Th-that..." at Alexanders' sudden mood change, she blinked a couple of times before laughing demurely. "Right... father said that he likes to play around. Let's... let's just deal with him tonight. Once I got him, this stupid prince will be playing on top of my hands anyway."

Wiping her non-existent tears, she said, "That scared me your highness... I thought this lady had done something to offend you."

"Oh, what are you saying? Of course you didn't do anything to displease me."

Hearing his playful reply, she smiled as she stepped closer to him. "Really? I'm so glad... uhm..."

As she 'shyly' glanced at him, Rosemary lightly tugged on the hem of the Prince's silk shirt.