Chapter 2

At the break of dawn, in the west courtyard where the old training ground is, there were only the sounds of drawn swords that slashed the air.

As the sun rays fell upon the ground, its light illuminated the surroundings, revealing a serene environment of the quiet, empty arena. And on its center was a lone young knight who executed his swordsmanship in a crisp and straightforward way. It was unlike the typical showy skills of knights in this empire. His technique was simple yet brutal, without any unnecessary movements.

"Ah... those training sure were handy at times like this..." Gale mumbled to herself while smiling.

Since her memories as herself and Cedar were somewhat merged, it was easy for her to use Cedar's physical capabilities as a male to pull off the stunt that she wasn't able to perfect in one of her movies.

"I can't believe that learning all those martial arts and dual-sword handling would actually be handy." She thought to herself as she placed the swords back in the scabbards hanging on her waist.

With that, Cedar's usual morning practice has ended.

"Well then... after this..." searching through his memories, Gale tried to recall his morning routine as Prince Alexander's knight.

"Right. I've got to wake him up." She nodded and then proceeded to walk towards the east courtyard.

The palace was enormous and it looked as if it was boundless. On its walls hanged different paintings of famous people ranging from palm-sized to something as large as a house. Moreover, each pillar along the aisle were engravings of silver and gold, forming the Phoenix emblem of the Yv Empire.

Well, being the continent's largest and most prosperous empire, this much grandeur is expected.

As Gale walked towards the Prince's quarters, she couldn't help but tense up.

She may have had Cedar's memories but it was still her first time to meet the Prince after her transmigration.

"Good morning, Sir Knight." Someone wearing a squire uniform greeted her.

This isn't anything unusual. After all, Cedar is amiable to his colleagues even if he was one of the empire's greatest magic swordsman, gaining a good reputation and reverence from his juniors and comrades alike.

Gale nodded towards the squire as 'his' usual greeting.

But, when her eyes fell on the teenage boy, she froze in place.

"Wha... Vik-Viktor?" She was stunned.

The person right in front of her was a spitting image of her younger brother! Gale's brother from Earth!

Thinking about it, Cedar also looked like herself. But the only difference is the gender.

"Is it possible to meet someone else who looked like the same person I know from my world aside from this guy?" Gale contemplated in silence as she glanced at the person in front.

At the same time, the young squire blinked in complete ignorance as he innocently tilted his head as if asking 'Who's Viktor?'.

Realizing that she blurted out her brother's name, she faked a cough to hide her embarrassment. "Aherm... well... you... you're new here?"

"Y-Yes, sir!" Thankfully, the squire didn't bother to ask any further.

The squire stood straight and saluted. "Yun Rivertale from Ravenmoon Legion, sir!"

"Ah... so my brother's look-alike is a noble." She thought. It wasn't that hard to conclude so because only the nobles had surnames. Furthermore, the Rivertales, like the Nightingales, possesses a military lineage.

Knight 'n GaleOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara