Chapter 15

Bone clashing and low guttural howls sounded from within the purple mist.

When the shadows came near, a horde of animated rotten corpses that could make one's stomach churn were revealed.

Some of them had missing eyes, limbs and other body parts. They were covered in wounds and their flesh were of gray or black color as it was already in the decomposition stage.

A few of them were obviously kids and women. Some other creepy one's were even muttering something with an anguished expression while others just stared ahead and crushed anything it could grab and flail it to others.

It seems chaotic but their tracks were of the same direction-- the Crown Prince's convoy.

"Fireball!"

"Red Blast!"

"Explosion!"

The magicians who were around started to take the front line and casted fire magic, each of their own spells.

The earth trembled and loud booms was heard as they attack the undeads heading at their way.

The purple mist were scattered but when the smoke from the spells diminished, the undeads came out unscathed. A small number of them only fell on their backs and stood up in no time. They even seem to be more aggressive than before.

The magicians are taken aback. According to their research, the undeads should be vulnerable to any fire-based kind of spell. However, these undeads were different and that made them puzzled.

"Hey, hey... what is this? Shouldn't they be better than that?" A playful voice that was unsuitable for such situation caught the magicians' attention. "Were they really qualified to be in this mission?"

They glanced at each other in a subtle way, seeing that the Crown Prince himself was questioning their abilities.

One of the four elite mages spoke, "Your Highness, when facing the undeads, using fire magic was only natural. However, these monsters were different from the usual as they seem to be unaffected by it."

Alexander didn't speak further and only smirked.

In that exact moment, a bright magic circle was casted over the undeads.

"Bless!" a booming voice was heard among the magicians.

It came from someone who was positioned near the barrier's boundary.

To their surprise, the one who casted 'Bless' wasn't a magician or a priest but a knight.

Although the magic knights were capable of producing healing magic, it wasn't this strong.

The knight's 'Bless' spell affected every single undead inside a hundred meter diameter and even purified the mist which made it rather thin and the undeads were significantly reduced.

The Prince was taken aback as well. In more than ten years that he's with Cedar, he never knew that his knight had a strong healing magic.

Indeed, the magic knight who used the spell was Cedar.

At first, when he was looking the monsters in front, Cedar was dumbfounded.

He's not afraid of the undeads that were currently banging themselves up to the barrier casted by Yrhan. Instead, he was surprised that the 'scarlet howlers' which were on one of Gale's movies were also in this fantasy world.

"Awesome..." he whispered as his eyes glinted in excitement.

In the movie, Gale was a priestess who supported the male protagonist. She was always on the frontlines and was the key into defeating the monsters born from darkness.