Chapter 10

Cedar blinked a few times as he was still in a daze after waking up a few minutes ago.

He was on a soft, large bed inside a spacious room. It wasn't decorated with extravagant things but its white silk sheets and curtains still exudes luxury.

As he yawned, Cedar raised his right hand to rub his eyes. Then a soft chime of bell rang out from his wrist.

He paused for a moment and glanced at the red bracelet-- the same thing that he received in his past life.

"Hm? How did it get here?" He wondered because he couldn't remember wearing such a thing.

However, he recalled that it was probably Caerus' doing.

"Asclepius can revive your original body but you must make sure not to die before that happens. The only suitable vessel for your soul was this body because as you are thinking, this is actually yourself in a different universe. That's why if this body got destroyed or killed, your soul would also perish and you will not be able to return. Fortunately, I was able to make arrangements for you to be saved when this body started to disintegrate due to poison. However, please understand that we were only able to save your vessel this one time due to Thanatos' mistake. We cannot save you a second time for us gods shouldn't interfere with the natural laws too much." Caerus explained.

"So reviving me is too much but killing me wasn't too much?" Gale pouted.

Caerus scratched his head and grinned. "Well, your death at that time was against the natural flow of things as well, that's why we will surely revive you in that world again. Just think of this as a vacation."

"Haaa~ I really don't have a choice but to live with that male body, do I?"

"It will be quite inconvenient but please bear with it." he smiled apologetically. "Oh, right. I'll give you this."

A fist-sized golden ball of light appeared on his hand. It floated towards her chest and was absorbed quickly, sending a warm sensation before vanishing.

"What is this?"

"It's a gift from Hecate. Consider it as a timer. When your body is finally restored and suitable for living, your soul will automatically leave this world and return to your original body."

"Oh... That's good." Gale nodded her head. "Ah! Can I ask you something?"

Tilting his head, Caerus looked at her with a curious expression.

"What happened to Cedar? Why did my vessel got poisoned? Who did it?"

"Err..." Caerus felt a bit complicated and then shook his head. "As for the events about his death, I'm sorry but I can't answer your question since that wasn't under my discretion and would mean that I am meddling."

"What a cheap god you are." she complained but didn't bother to ask anymore.

"Hahaha! Hmmm... let's see, since I am a god of opportunity, Instead of telling you directly, I can lay out some openings to help you out in anything while you're in your vessel. You just have to notice it and grab the chance while it's there."

"Fine. That will do." Gale sighed before smiling and offered her hand. "Deal."

"Haaa~ so I still need to work my ass off as Cedar, huh?" He mumbled as he rubbed his palms on his face. He patted his cheeks like he used to do whenever he felt sleepy in the morning. "I'm alive, after all."

"Click!" the sound of the closing door caught his attention.

Cedar looked at the direction and saw a familiar figure frozen in place as he looked at him with his aquamarine eyes that seems to be able to see through him.