Chapter 6

Cedar tried to resist when he realized that prince Alexander was serious in ‘teaching’.

“Stop it!” He cried. Yet, it only fell into deaf ears.

As he was in a panic, his reflexes as Gale was triggered combined with Cedar’s strength. Using a bit of mana on his hand, he pushed the Prince off of him, and with a swift movement, he hit Alexander.

“Owww!!!” The Prince exclaimed as he squatted on the floor and rubbed his head which the knight had struck. 

Watching the Crown Prince twisting in pain, his heart shook.

“Oh, shit! I hit him again!” He cursed before attending to Alexander. “My apologies Your Highness! I… I was… That…” Cedar fumbled for words.

“Should I tell him that I got poisoned and then came back to life with my ‘past’ memories? Would he believe me then? But I don’t have any evidence. Heck, I wasn’t even sure if I am poisoned by Isabella.”

As Cedar was pondering while crouching beside the prince, he failed to avoid it when Alexander grabbed his head with both hands and moved it closer. Thinking that he’ll get kissed, he just tightly closed his eyes.

Then, he felt Alexander’s forehead on his own.

“As I thought.” The Prince sighed and flicked his finger right above Cedar’s eyebrow.

“Ah!” the knight yelped.

“I’ve already told you a hundred times that you shouldn’t be working when you’re sick, didn’t I?”

“Huh?” Surprised, he just stared at Alexander like an idiot.

Checking his own temperature, he mumbled. “Hot…”

Cedar had a vague feeling of unexplainable irritability and dry throat earlier but because of too many things in his mind, he paid it no attention.

“Whenever you’re sick, you become irritable and you tend to break things. But it seems like you’re worse today, huh? Man, you wanna break my skull?”

“I deserve death! Your Highness, please kill me as punishment!” He kowtowed. "No, please don’t. This is only for lip service!” Cedar yelled in his mind in contrast to what he’s saying.

“Roki!” The Prince then called out, startling the knight.

“Yes, Your… Highness?” The manservant gave a confused look when he saw Cedar prostrating on the floor, but he immediately bowed towards Alexander.

“Take this workaholic to the infirmary.” He ordered.

“Huh? Your Highness, I am fine.” Although she really wanted to go, Gale knew that this is the right time to act as Cedar to nullify any suspicion from Alexander. “I am not going to leave my duty to rest. Besides, I have done something worthy of death. I do not deserve your grace.”

The Prince took a long, deep audible breath. “Then, I will punish you.”

“Shit! Don’t do as I say! Idiot Prince!!!” Cedar gulped but still managed to kneel with his head down.

“Go to the infirmary.”

“My Lord, you--”

“I’m saying,” Alexander interrupted. “You should go get examined and drink a potion. This is your punishment.”

“Eh… huh?” He stared at the Prince with an idiotic face.

“You’re daring to disobey my orders now?” Alexander asked, secretly amused by such a rare sight.