Chapter 9

In an unknown place where there were no traces of light, everything that had happened before her transmigration played in front of her like she's in a large theatre.

It showed everything that had happened. The conversation with that man was still clear but oddly, she can't distinguish his voice nor his face.

The only face she could recall was that of the dark-robed black woman who has an enigmatic golden orbs and serpent tattoo at the lower part of her eyes.

"This kid chose you so, please take care of it."

'What does she mean by that?' she wondered as she walked aimlessly in the dark.

'Clang! Clang!'

Suddenly sounds of bells rang out, halting her from her track.

Gale glanced around her to search its source but she couldn't figure it out.

She kept on looking and walked around until finally...

'Clang!'

It reminded her of the red amulet that the black woman gave her before her accident.

'Clang! Clang!'

From afar, she can see a figure of a child.

It was a boy wearing scarlet robes gilded with gold patterns on its ends. His shiny white hair was short at the back but in the front, his braided hair was as long as his entire being, reaching up to his dainty winged feet. His blue eyes that seem to glow in the darkness are staring at her intently.

Gale met his gaze with a puzzled look as she blinked a couple of times.

The child's face showed a surprised expression. "Y-You..."

He pointed at Gale with a shaky voice and to her surprise...

"Uwaaahhhh!!!" the boy broke and cried uncontrollably. "I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I'm sorry!!!"

"Wha--!" Gale flinched as she was startled by the boy's sudden outburst.

She stepped forward in panic and tried to console the child.

"H-hey... why are... why are you crying?" she asked, crouching beside the boy.

He sniffled and cast a glance at Gale. His watery eyes and his slightly red nose and ears were exposed but it only made his cuteness stand out. "C-can you not be angry with me?"

Looking at the kid before her, Gale couldn't help but blush as she was weak in this kind of cuteness overload.

"W-why would I?" she asked in return. "Anyway, who are you? What is this place? Is this heaven? Am I really dead? Seriously? I died twice?"

Although she really liked the boy's appearance, she couldn't stop herself to ask such questions.

However, when the child heard this, his eyes immediately became a gushing waterfall once again. "Waaahhh!!! I'm really sorry! It's my mistake! Sorry!"

"Huh?" again, Gale got confused. "Your fault? You mean, my death?"

The child grimaced and with a guilty face, he nodded.

"...ok?" she exhaled. "My mind's too chaotic now. So, can you please kindly explain what the hell is happening?" Gale smiled with a sinister aura twirling around her.

Seeing this, the child gulped.

"I... My name is Caerus." he started. "I'm the youngest child of Zeus. I'm also a god of opportunities and favorable moments."