Chapter 18

Hill glared at the knight standing before him as he tried to resist the anti-magic ropes tied on his wrists and upper body.

However, as his hands were on his back and elves were surrounding him, not to mention that he could not use his magic, he couldn't do anything when he was forced to kneel.

"Hill, a mage of the northern tower, you are proven guilty of treason." Roki announced as he stared at the mage. "With the authority of Prince Alexander Yv given by His Majesty, The King, Kraveil Yv, you, and everyone who threatened the safety of our Crown Prince, are sentenced to be hanged in King's City."

"You..." Hill glared at the Prince's servant who was supposed to be injured. "You should have died back there! You... acting monkey!"

If it wasn't for his acting, the mage wouldn't have started their plans on wiping out the convoy. Not to mention that the Prince and Roki would be attacked by the undeads, who would've imagine that this huge guy could act?

Hearing this, Roki's brows twitched as he remembered his performance and felt embarrassed.

"Pfft!" stiffled laughs were heard around and some elves couldn't retain their straight face as Roki's acting came into mind.

"You only have yourself to blame." Within the crowd, Yrhan stepped forward and glanced at Hill with cold eyes. "To think that you'd actually be fooled by his poor acting skills? I'm truly wondering whether you have eyes or not."

Roki winced at Yrhan's frank remark and the elves laughed aloud now that their leader had spoken their thoughts.

Cedar then patted the butler's shoulder with a fist. "You did well... But, you can improve your facial expressions and put more emotions on your voice."

"Isn't that the same as saying that he sucks?" someone pointed out.

As Cedar was intentionally sugar-coating it, he immediately threw a glare at the said person, only to be surprised.

"Y-Your Highness!" Cedar quickly bowed his head as he welcomed the Crown Prince.

Yrhan and the elves also gave their respects as Alexander walked towards the tied up mages and magicians.

"Oh... Hill! Long time no see. How have you been?" The prince greeted the mage with a cheerful tone and smiled as if they were old friends meeting in a banquet.

With this kind of greeting, Hill's rage intensified and his face turned beet-red. "Don't think that all of this was over... You... You won't be able to return, foolish prince!"

"Outrageous!"

"Insolent!"

Roki and Cedar bellowed out as both of them drew their swords and pointed it at the mage.

However, Alexander was unperturbed. With a wave of his hand, he signalled to his butler and knight to retract their weapons.

"Oho... scary." In contrast to what he had said, his face revealed a look of amusement. "It seems like you trusted your master too much. Do you really think that they'll waste their precious resources just to save someone as insignificant as you?"

Hill's complexion turned pale for he knew that the Prince's words had some truth in it.

He was only a commoner who happens to have some talent in magic and he wasn't the only one with such ability. In short, he was only an expendable chess piece that was not worth saving.

Looking at the Mage's dull face, Alexander's lips hooked up as if he could read his mind.

"Since I am a kind and magnanimous person, I can spare your life." after a moment, Alexander placed his hands on his back as he glanced down at Hill. "You just have to tell me the name of your master and everyone involved in the rebellion against the King."