Chapter 12

After Yrhan and Caerus had left, Gale just laid on the bed quietly as she stared at the ceiling.

"In every full moon, you need to drink the potion that I will concoct using both of your blood." Yrhan reminded her. "You must never skip drinking it, not even once. Besides that, within the first two months, you shouldn't part from His Highness in no more than 300 chi."

Even if she knew that although the time units here resembles the medieval units, the measurements here were like the Chinese's so hearing it first hand was quite unusual to her ear. Her thoughts aside, she quizzically glanced up at the High Priest and pointed out. "But, I'm fine right now even though he's not with me."

"That was because he's just next door and It's not even a hundred chi." Yrhan retorted. "Anyway, we'll meet quite frequently so that I could fix your mana pool as soon as possible. Just rest up for tonight."

"So basically, I am a patient who needs to get treated every now and then, huh... like someone with a terminal illness..." she pouted before burying her head on the pillow. "This sucks..."

Before long, with a comfortable bed and an unexplainable tiredness, she fell asleep.

...

The next morning, Gale gained consciousness feeling pleasant and warm. That cozy feeling made her want to snuggle closer to the source of such warmth thus she cuddled closer to it without much thought.

Then, she felt the 'warm thing' wrap around her as her lips landed onto something flat and hard, yet smooth and nice to the touch.

She frowned as she slowly opened her sleepy eyes.

What greeted her was a fair, muscular chest that was exposed from a partly open robe.

"Holy..." she gulped as she looked up at the face of the chest owner.

Sure enough, the man beside her was Alexander, the Crown Prince himself.

He was peacefully sleeping while his right arm served as her pillow and the other one was wrapped around her as one of her own legs was entangled with his.

She suddenly felt her throat drying and her heart beats faster as if it's going to burst out.

Gale slowly moved, trying to release herself from him.

Yet, when she shifted her body, the Prince groaned, hugging her tighter than before.

She bit her lips as his manly scent with a hint of earthy aroma wafted through her nose.

The balsamic sweet woody fragrance coming from him was rich and creamy that was both alluring and sophisticated. The scent of sandalwood made her want to bury herself in his embrace.

"Hmmm... sleep more." the Prince whispered as he was half-asleep. His husky bedroom voice made her weak in addition to his breath tickling her ear.

She placed her hand on her ear while blushing, thinking that it was fortunate that she wasn't standing for her legs felt like jelly. Then she felt the short fringes of her hair.

As if she was splashed with a bucket of cold water, Gale was reminded that she was now a full-fledged male.

Being too sensitive and aware of the Prince wouldn't be good to her.

'Get yourself together, me.'

Then, with Cedar's full strength, she pushed the Prince off of her.

"Your Highness, enough of your pranks!" remembering that the Prince would sometimes do such 'inappropriate' skinship to get a reaction from the former Cedar, Gale was ashamed of herself and oddly, she was irritated and ended up admonishing him.