Chapter 16

"What the hell was that?!" A loud voice reverberated somewhere within the abode of gods.

A young man with beautiful androgynous features was frowning at the dark-skinned woman who was looking at him nonchalantly.

"It's part of my gift." she commented as she played the locks of her hair. "Humans from her world always fantasize about rebirth and having unimaginable powers. So, I gave her something that would allow her to fully enjoy her 'vacation'. Isn't it great?"

"Don't be so proud, you old hag! You're making unneccessary problems!"

Hearing Caerus' remark, a vein popped out from Hecate's temple and she quickly hit him with her staff that resembled a torch.

Yet, as he was already used to her hitting, Caerus swiftly dodged her attack.

"Hah! That's not gonna work anymore!" he proudly stated as he straightened his body.

However, as soon as he said those words, A large hound bit his long white hair before swinging its head wildly.

"Kwaaah!!! My hair! My hair! I'll fucking kill you, you stupid mongrel!!!"

"My, my, what a foul-mouthed brat you are... fufufu..." Hecate laughed gently as she placed a hand on her lips.

Her gaze then shifted to a mirror-like observation circle which shows both Cedar and Alex's locations.

...

With haste, Roki returned to where the Prince's convoy was.

The undeads are still swarming around and seems endless.

The knights were obviously starting to feel fatigued as using 'Cleanse', the low-tier version of 'Bless', is draining their mana faster than using offensive spells.

On the other hand, Yrhan was still outside the carriage and on his lap lies the weakened Cedar.

"Damn that Prince! I clearly told him not to go beyond 300 chi..." he grunted as he placed a few drops of blood from a small crystal container inside a vial before adding a golden liquid and some other materials into it. It turned into a small ball and floated in the air while spinning rapidly. After a while, it solidified and stopped turning, falling into Yrhan's hand.

Before their travel, Yrhan had already explained Cedar's situation to Alexander. The two of them shouldn't be apart for more than 300 chi (100 m.) within the first two months. However, if something inevitable were to happen and they were separated, Yrhan had to make a pill with Alexander's blood and feed it to Cedar.

Yet, this pill that could be used once a day will only last him a few hours-- three at most.

Knowing this, Alexander had given a few drops of his blood to Yrhan and promised that no matter what, he'll be back with the quickest time possible.

After feeding the pill to Cedar, Yrhan scrutinized the mages and magicians that were with them.

These so-called elite mages were standing at the back, chanting spells from time to time while the other five magicians were on the front lines.

"They're really underestimating the Prince, huh?" Yrhan laughed dryly as he sneered at them.

When one looked closely, it will be evident that all the mages and magicians were not doing their job properly.

Only the knights were fighting vigorously with the undeads. Fortunately, there were still no casualties on their side.

As they continued fighting the horde of zombies, Roki showed up with a dejected face and was severely injured.