Chapter 14

The stars in the sky could still be seen as the sun was yet to rise. However, in a certain chamber, a man was already preparing for his work.

Droplets of water were still falling from the tips of his silvery white hair that seems to glow along the faint light from the moon and candlelights.

The man was indeed Cedar. It was already two days since he renewed his vow to the Prince and today was the day that he's finally allowed to resume his duty.

Alexander didn't really want Cedar to do work though, if not for the fact that they shouldn't part from each other for a few months and that he is the Crown Prince and he needed to go out from the palace from time to time, so staying next room every single day won't do.

Like today, since a problem arose from the eastern region, Timbreford,  the King had specifically gave him a decree to investigate the matters there.

Coincidentally, that was also the place where Isabella's body was found and where it was also lost two days ago.

A group of soldiers and mages were almost wiped out when a powerful man attacked them in their journey. They lost half their numbers and Isabella's body was taken as well.

The news that came to him through the messenger wasn't detailed so the Prince will have to inquire further about it on his way.

Checking his reflection on the mirror, Cedar lightly patted his armor. Then, before walking out at his door, he unsheathed and sheathed his sword a couple of times, nodding at his quickdraw.

"I guess I'll be able to work even without using my mana now." he mumbled as he stretched his arms and cracked his neck twice.
...

The convoy consists twelve large carriage with four elite mages, five magicians, seven high ranked knights-- including Cedar, ten mid ranked knights, eight squires, six maidservants and four footmen.

The path to Timbreford can be travelled in a day but since they would need to take a rest, it stretched to a day and a half.

"So? Why are you sitting with us?" the Prince, who's brows are twitching in his attempt to hide his irritation, asked Yrhan.

The Elven High Priest also tagged along with them and was now sitting beside Cedar in front of Alexander.

"Hm?" Yrhan blinked as if he hadn't noticed Alexander's annoyance. "Your highness, I need to treat Cedar at least once a day so I certainly have to tag along."

"I know that." Alexander said through his gritted teeth. "But WHY are you here in MY carriage? Shouldn't you be with Roki?"

Roki, the muscled butler also travels with them and is now at the second carriage together with other knights. (Sneezes while chatting.)

"Well, because It's those men over there smells of sweat and they're not graceful enough. As you should already know, my kind wasn't fond of unrefined things." Yrhan reasoned out. "Besides, the more, the merrier. Right?" Yrhan turned to Cedar.

"Huh? Ah, yes." Cedar readily agreed, which made Alexander raise a brow.

In actual fact, although it was true that Elves didn't like ragged and unrefined people, Yrhan couldn't be bothered with such things. The truth is that it was Cedar who asked Yrhan to accompany him in the carriage.
----

Last night, when he's being treated and alone with the High Priest...

"I feel like I'd be in serious trouble if left alone with the prince! So please stay with me!"  Cedar begged with his teary puppy eyes.

Whenever he's with Yrhan, the latter would then cast a sound barrier because in Yrhan's own words, 'Your voice is disturbing the prince and I don't like being watched while doing the treatment. It's bothersome.'