Chapter 22

WARNING: Explicit content ahead. Proceed at your own risk.

...

Cedar silently ate the soup in his bowl. It was a simple dish with some pieces of potatoes, cabbage, and meat but it gave him the warmth he needed for such a cold night as they were about to continue traveling later.

Looking around, he observed that everyone has their share of food and were happily chatting about around the campfire, including the Crown Prince himself.

Alexander can be cruel and cold on the battlefield but when he's out of danger and he's not in a formal gathering, he could be seen talking with his subordinates--even making jokes and laughing with them. Just like tonight.

Even though Cedar is a few steps away from the crowd, he could still clearly hear Alexander's dulcet tone and his eyes unconsciously moved and caught sight of the prince's face without even searching. It was like he can automatically locate him within the crowd.

'Well, of course, that's easy! He's the only one without pointed ears!' Gale argued with herself, ignoring the fact that Roki and Lato weren't elves as well.

As she was having a silent debate within her mind, Alexander's line of sight met with hers and before she could turn her head to avoid the prince, the prince playfully brushed his thumb on his lower lip and licked it.

It happened only for a moment.

Everyone was occupied in talking and eating so no one noticed the prince's actions, except for one person.

Gale jolted and her face immediately turned red as her hands momentarily forgot that he's holding something and he almost spilled her soup.

Watching his knight show such an obvious carelessness, Alexander's lips hooked up before lifting his own spoon and resumed eating as if he did nothing.

On the other hand, Gale drank the remaining soup in her bowl, trying her best not to think about 'that' incident and ultimately failed.

'Gah! Sure I said that I wanted some hot love-love time but... I want a normal one! Normal!' Gale yelled inside her brain, high-key wanting to strangle Caerus.

...

About three hours ago...

Cedar wanted to free himself from the prince's embrace but the bastard had utilized his mana that his struggle without using his own power became useless.

'Should I fight back? Probably not... right? Ah! What the hell?! My Cedar memories of this prince aren't like this. Shit! When did he start to swing this way?' Gale's mind was engrossed into thinking whilst Alexander busied himself as well.

Sensing that the other party went stiff and his struggle became less, Alexander's hand started to move.

As Cedar was only wearing a quilted shirt, it was easier for the prince to pull it up, revealing his perfectly toned abs.

As Cedar felt the coldness on his stomach, he was then brought back into reality. "Wah! Wait, your highness, what are you--hiii!"

The words that he's about to say were taken from him when he felt a warm thing that was placed on his abdomen.

"This. Since you were a female, surely you wanted this kind of thing, huh?" Alexander talked near Cedar's ear as his hand was slowly tracing his abs, electrifying him. "Maybe admired it in front of a mirror?"

The prince's breath tickled him and he felt weak with the addition of the prince's gentle caress. However, when he heard the last sentence, he quickly looked up at him in surprise.