Love Me Harder: S.R

HAHAH another civil war imagine. has some of the same dialogue from my previous oneshot but who caaares lmao the ending is dumb

• ⋆━━━━━ ☆✭☆ ━━━━━ ⋆ •

You were on the way up to your room after an afternoon jog when the muffled sounds coming from Steve's laptop made you skid to a halt. Your eyes narrowed as you leaned against the wall to try and catch what was being said.

"11 Wakandans were among those killed during a confrontation between the Avengers and a group of mercenaries in Lagos, Nigeria, last month. The traditionally reclusive Wakandans were on an outreach mission in Lagos when the attack occurred," a news anchor explained, his voice robotic and monotonous.

"Our people's blood is spilled on foreign soil. Not only because of the actions of criminals, but by the indifference of those pledged to stop them. Victory at the expense of the innocent, is no victory at all," a new voice, which you made out to be King T'Chaka, spoke.

Steve shut his laptop off, letting his head fall into his hands with a sigh. You frowned at the sight. That day in Nigeria had taken a toll on all of you; specifically him and Wanda. You couldn't help but feel bad for them, knowing they were trying to carry a lot more weight on their shoulders than they could handle because they believed that was the best approach to the situation. But it was really all anyone could do at the moment. You had to be prepared for the unexpected and sometimes, it meant biting off more than you could chew.

"Are you okay?" you asked as you stepped out from the doorway, crossing your arms over your chest.

"Yeah," he replied quietly, "how about you?"

"Could be better, but I'm holding up alright."

You made your way over to the couch where he sat, sitting down next to the super-soldier and resting your head against his broad shoulder. He let out another long sigh, pressing a kiss to the side of your head before circling an arm around your waist.

Steve Rogers was someone you considered as more of an older brother than an actual teammate, despite the mere two-year age gap between you. He'd been there by your side since the moment you were first brought into the Avengers Initiative as Electra - a ruthless warrior known for none other than her unparalleled fighting skills and abilities of electricity manipulation. After losing both your parents due to the battle of New York, you were alone; but he made sure you didn't stay that way. Ever since you first sat down together for a celebratory shawarma and bonded over the love of old movies together, you'd grown attached, much more than you'd hoped to.

Of course, it was a brother-sister relationship more than anything, no strings attached. You loved him, and he loved you. But one day, when he smiled and you felt your heart flutter, when your heartbeat picked up speed as he hugged you and held you there for a few seconds longer than normal, you knew you'd let yourself fall in too deep. Somewhere along the way, your purely platonic feelings for Captain America had morphed into something more, and it scared you because you weren't supposed to feel this way whatsoever.

"They are operating outside and above the international law. Because that's the reality, if we don't respond to acts like these."

"Should we go check up on her?" your voice was muffled by the fabric of his shirt.

"Yeah, we should," he breathed out, placing a hand on the small of your back as you stood up. "Let's go."

"What legal authority does an enhanced individual like Wanda Maximoff have to operate in Nigeri-"

You shut off the TV, putting the remote down on her nightstand, standing there as Steve leaned against the doorframe, his broad frame taking up most of the space.