day 44

When Jumin first heard that Jaehee didn't have his previous Elizabeth the 3rd his whole world crumbled. Sending him into a sudden shock of emotion as he stormed her messenger demanding to know where his cat was. His whole demeanour changed in a snap after hearing (Y/N) was looking after her.

He wasn't sure as he didn't know if he could trust her with Elizabeth but then he remembered how cuddly she was with her and (L/N)s smile it made him feel more confident.

His placed his phone close to his ear, waiting for her to pick up as he walked around his room. It was currently early morning; he wanted to pick her up already as he was pack from his business trip.

As soon as the dialling stopped he chuckled when he heard a tired groan come from the other end.

"Good morning, (L/N), I heard you have Elizabeth the 3rd."

"Sir?? Why must you call me so early? But yeah, she's with me."

(Y/N) glared at the mirror by her bed, sniffling as she slowly started to wake up. Her lids dropping as the seconds past, a yawn leaving her lips.

"Good, I'm glad she's in safe hands - I will be picking her up soon."

"Huh? Oh- okay, goodbye Mr Han."

The woman barely processed what he said, body falling back as she let her eyes shut. 

"I'll see you soon."

That was the last thing she heard before the world went to black. Immediately falling back sleep. Her phone falling to her hand as it loosened its grip.

Next thing she knows a knock on the door stirs her away. Whoever was knocking had a firm hand because her room is on the second floor of her house. (Y/N) rolled out of her bed, shoving her bedroom window open and tried to make out who was there.

She couldn't see. She groaned again as she just waved her arm out, catching the person's attention.

"I'll be down in a moment!"

She pulled her window closed and shuffled out of her room, grabbing a hoodie to pull over her tank top and trotted down the steps. Wiping any sleep from her eyes as she opened the door.

"Yo? What do you- oh!? Mr Han?"

"Hello, I apologize if this was sudden but I told you I'd come to pick up Elizabeth the 3rd."

He looked perfectly pristine, his suit didn't have a simple scruff or fold to it. His thick cologne attacking her nostrils; it smelled far too fancy for her commoner's nose. He was sparkling with his handsome presentation; fresh and awake.

Meanwhile, our messy protagonist looked like a dumpster pile. A hoodie messily thrown over with a stain obviously on it, sweatpants that barely stayed on her hips, one leg rolled up due to her heavy sleep. Her hair was a bird's nest. Heavy eyebags hanging under her lids.

Complete opposites of each other but both shared a skip of a beat. Jumin found her appearance adorable; she was so natural and this felt much more genuine than her tidy office attire.

There was nothing more than he wanted was to dress her for the day and pamper her. Just to see that pout of hers. He loved it.

(Y/N) was jealous of how tidy he was but he looked extremely handsome today. She wasn't sure why or how but there was something different about him. There was this glow to his cold features that made him look so happy without showing it at all. Happy looked good on him.

"Oh...did you? Come inside, don't bother taking your shoes off if you're coming in only for a moment."

She waddled back inside her home, the male coming in behind her as he examined her home.

They felt as if they were really in two different worlds; he used to his extravagant penthouse that such a tiny home felt so miserable to look at. It was clean and modest. It has a homey feel that he had never experience; he couldn't even tell how he recognised that feeling.

Everything felt so new.

"She's been really cute to watch, I know why you're obsessed with her now."

"She's beautiful, isn't she? Just a movement of her paw and I'm stuck in awe."

She picked up the cat, it shoved its paws in her face as she stared up at her. She was grumpy to be disturbed but soon leaned into the holding, a soft purr coming from her.

"I know right? She's just so fun to watch and petting her is so addictive! She's so soft~"

(Y/N) cooed, rubbing her face against the cat before sneezing, snapping her head to the side at top speed. "But she's very hairy so her fur keeps tickling my nose."

Jumin let out his arms, she handed Elizabeth over. He raised her into her air, an intense look on his face.

"Did you treat the young lady ok? I know you can be fussy with other women."

"Young lady? What are you? My dad?"

His brow raised, looking over to her. Her face was scrunched up in a confused cringe.

"Isn't that what you are?"

"Yeah, but it makes me feel like you're old."

She rolled her eyes. He pulled his cat close go his chest before walking over to the sofa, spotting the carrier.

"I guess I am old." He shrugged, unbothered.

"Shush, you're still in your twenties."

He softly apologized to Elizabeth, nudging her into the carrier and closed the door behind her. He turned to the woman as he began to stand.

"Is there anything you'd prefer me to call you? Whilst we're in private I'm sure you don't want to keep calling me Mr Han, I'd like it if you didn't."

(Y/N) shoved her hands into her hoodie pocket, eyes drifting to the side with a small shrug. She really wasn't sure.

"I haven't really thought about it, how about something cute~?"

"Something cute...? How about princess?"

Her face exploded with a rushing burst of red. Arms waving around as he approached, hastily trying to stop him from ever calling that her again.

'i doubt my heart would be able to handle it!!!'

"Ah! I don't think-! Are you sure that's appropriate?! That sounds more like a lovers nickname."

He tilted his head, a teasing smile on his face as he stood inches away from her.

"Then how about kitten? You like cats and you act just like one."

She huffed. Sending him a small glare as she crossed her arms.

"What's that suppose to me?"

"You're lazy, needy for attention, you need to be fed plenty of times throughout the day and seem to understand people more than they understand themselves."

"You just insulted me and then ended it with a compliment, very mixed signals."

He chuckled, waving over a guard. The guard was requested to pick up Elizabeth's stuff and immediately searched the house, finding everything conveniently quickly.

The young woman watched the scene. Turning her attention to the male as he started to walk out the door.

"Well, I'd love to stay but I need to get Elizabeth the 3rd home-" he turned so he could face, smirking.

"I'll see you at work, kitten."

Another explosion of blush made her cheeks bright red. He left without another word with the security guard carrying the cat's belongings. She leaned against the door, catching her stolen breath as the car drove away.