day 23

Jumin was exhausted. He couldn't shake that feeling whenever he saw his young assistant. Seeing her mother him so much made him feel light.

He needed to clear his head. Work was only burying it until he heard her voice or saw her. He shut the blinds and insisted that Jaehee could only help him today; saying she was far more skilled.

What he didn't want to face was how fuzzy his heartfelt. As if something was tingling it before tugging making his heart skip a beat. He didn't appreciate the feelings at all. Not one bit. Feelings like these were a waste and ruining his focus.

A waste. That's what he reminded himself.

He turned his gaze to the men lingering in the hallway. He took a glance at the security guards watching him and adjusted his position. Fixing his tie as he leaned on the wall. Catching a breath and avoiding the source of his annoyance.

"Have you been to the gym? I'm thinking of heading there at lunch."

"I would but just walking around the office is tiring enough."

'the gym? It's definitely been a while since I've been to it and my trainer did say it was a good source of distraction'

He nodded to himself, walking out of the hallway and started to head towards the other department but a voice caught him off guard.

"Mr Han, you have a meeting."

The male pinched his forehead, hand on his hip. He slowly turned to the shorter woman with a frown.

"Assistant Kang, lead me to it."

And so they walked to the board room. His long strides catching Jaehee off guard as he sped through the office. His eyes catching glimpse of (H/C) hair, his walk slowing down, subconsciously wanting to go over to her but he stopped.

Shaking his head he shoved down his feelings. Jaw stiff as he let his assistant lead the way. She raised a brow at his behaviour; planning to bring it up later.

Whilst (Y/N) was moving around the office she noticed a male worker. Walking over to him with her usual smile.

"Hey! Do you know where the printer ink? It seems it's rung out."

He turned to her with a raised brow but smiled it was her. He placed the work he was holding on his desk.

"Yeah, let me show you."

He started to walk, hands in pockets as he guided her through the office.

"Thank you! Sorry for the inconvenience."

The male looked at her with a dismissive grin, she clasped her hands together as she caught up to him.

"It's fine, I don't mind if it's you."

This made her heart freeze; she was tired of men commenting and flirting with her. She never thought of herself as that attractive but it seemed to these people she was the hottest woman there. She didn't like it.

Growing uncomfortable at the thought of he was going to be the same. Eyes flickering to look for a certain someone. Black hair moving past her gaze made her heart jump with relief.

"Oh? Why's that?"

"You're known as the friendliest person here."

This made her sigh in relief. Shoulder's falling as her body loosened.

"Aw~ I'm not that nice." She dismissed.

"Really? I can't see you being mean."

"Haha that's sweet but I can be a total bitch."

The co-worker gasped, eyeing her up and down.

"Whoa!? Swearing? You are full of surprises."

"You just need to get to know me~"

He grinned, sending her a wink."I don't mind that, I hope we can take good care of each other."

She nodded with a smile. Feeling more ease in his company. 

As time went by it was coming to over hours. Jaehee was already home which is a surprise, the night sky has taken over. The office was dead, barren from workers other than a few staying behind but even they were ready to head home and security guards.

Jumin sat up from his desk chair, stretching his arm up. Fixing his attire before leaving his office. There was no one in sight other than a guard nodding to him.

Seeing as he was finally free he decided to head to the gym. Taking this time to parole the area, keeping an eye for anyone or anything suspicious. Thinking of his dear Elizabeth meowing him on as he walked.

(Y/N) huffed. The tennis racket smacking against the ball coming her way. With a swift swipe, she struck another but she wasn't quicky enough. It bounced back and hit her in her forehead.

The sound of her music blocking out the ocean of curses she released. Allowing herself to be loud as no one was around.

She rubbed her forehead, whimpering in pain. But she pushed on. Stretching her arms as she got ready to go again. She turned on the machine once again, restocking it balls and waited for it to recharge.

The male trailed into the gym, heading into the changing room. His usual attire already locked up in his locker. He quickly changed and walked over, head filled with thoughts he wished he could escape.

The music coming from the tennis room caught his attention, heading towards it in a cautious manner. Surprised there was another soul still in the building.

Their eyes locked, both of them growing stiff at the sight of each other.

The young assistant was standing there in her trousers from work, top thrown on the floor to reveal a sports bra covering her chest. She wasn't as well organized as Jumin.

Jumin was in a breezy polo shirt and shorts that went down to his knees. Trainers in place of his usual business shoes.

It was definitely a strange sight for both of them.

"(L/N)-"

she cried out when the ball machine shot a ball right at her.

"FUCK YOU!"

He was stunned at her profanity. Speeding into the room to check on her. Mindlessly reaching out to check her face but she quickly moved away.

Crossing her arms over her body as she felt her cheeks explode with heat.

This was a very awkward situation.