day 22

This is the day of reckoning. The universe colliding together as stars perish under the crushing weight of space. Nothing could muster more power than our leading lady as she stared at her opponent.

No one could have taught her the fear-inducing challenge of speaking. World speakers could never reach this level not even after years of training. Training for the day where this one thing they say can cause the end.

The end of everything she held dear. It was as if the cosmic force was punishing her for taking the money she found on the floor. Punishment for all her misdeeds as she was faced with the hardest challenge of her life.

She didn't believe she could do but here she was. Standing before it with nerves spiking. Her whole body lit up with fear.

She took a deep breath and said to her boss-

"I think you should lay off the expresso, they're not shots."

His head snapped up to hers, shot of coffee in hand. If she could she would have screamed but sadly, you had to keep her composure.

"Don't tell me what to do, assistant (L/N), if I wish to have an expresso then I will have it."

"I know but four expressos? Are your organs even functioning?"

Take a shot every time they said expresso.

"Sir-- I really don't think it's a good idea, why don't I get you your usual coffee?"

She forced a smile, trying to reason with the sleep-deprived man.

"Don't need it, I'm awake enough now."

Her fingertips padded together, trying to remain calm as his intense gaze. He looked as if he just fought God and won but at the cost, he was unable to shut his eyes.

Forced to forever stay awake with a shaky hand.

She slowly approached, taking what was left of the shot out of his hand, dropping it into the bin. He frowned at her waste but didn't say anything.

"Seriously, sir, I'll take care of it, why don't you take a nap?" She said as she glided his paperwork towards her.

"I told you to call me, Mr Han."

"Sorry."

He completely turned to her, head tilted to the side.

"I can't sleep, do I allow my workers to sleep on the job? No, why would I?"

"That's true but you look awful."

She awkwardly chuckled as his face dropped. It was completely stone-cold.

"You're words are greatly appreciated." Sarcasm dripped into his voice like a snakes venom.

"Don't be sassy - I just think you should have a nap."

(Y/N) huffed, hands on her hips.

"No, and that's final."

With a defeated sigh she turned on her heel, walking over to the door but was surprised him was that she pulled the blinds. His office completely hidden from view, it was only halfway down when she came in.

"I'm sorry, Mr Han, but you'll feel better when you wake up."

She turned to him as she spoke, slowly approaching causing his whole body to stiffen. Leaning back in his chair as she moved to his side.

"What are you-"

The female grabbed him by his jacket collar, pulling him up with a huff. He was definitely heavier than her and adding his body being stiff with tiredness it made the job a bigger pain.

She dragged him over to the sofa, forcing him down. "Get off me, (L/N)! Do you want to be fired?! You're wasting time by doing this."

His eyes widened as he stared up at her with parted lips.

The young female pushed his body down, shifting him so he would be more on his side than sitting up. He was too shocked at the events that he couldn't really fight back.

"Sssssh~ it's time to sleep."

She shoved a cushion under his head. His face close to her chest making him freeze, Jumin felt as if he could hear her heartbeat from there.

Apart of him wanted to lean in, rest his head against her and let his body go slump. He desperately wanted to sleep but he refused. He had work to do.

"I don't think this is necessary-!"

"SSH!!! Take off your shoes."

"No, you don't order me around."

She raised a brow, leaning down with a disapproving frown.

"Fine."

Jumin raised a brow as she moved to the end of the sofa. Suddenly, she grabbed his shoelaces and started to hastily untie them. Pulling his shoes off and threw them across the room.

Shadows covered her face as she quickly moved. If this was an anime the camera would be replaying the moment with a dramatic sound.

"Stop being fussy!!! I promise I'll do the work to the best of my capability."

Her fist pumped into the air, grinning down at him.

"I don't doubt you but this isn't appropriate."

She waved her hand dismissively, turning on her heel to his desk. "No one will know, there's no shame in needing a nap."

"No one sleeps during work-"

She stopped her walking, lips pursed together as she turned her head to him.

"Untrue, there's plenty of people who do, you just don't notice."

She grabbed his work, walking back over with an innocent smile.

"This is quite flustering, (L/N), please stop fretting for me."

He was indeed flustered. His hair messily falling over his eye, his jacket's collar stuck Further over his chest by the way she grabbed it. He looked dishevelled.

"I'll only do it if you take a nap."

"But I don't need-"

She cut him off once again. Waving his documents as she spoke.

"Then I'll keep bothering you."

"(L/N)-" his voice was threatening, a warning sign of his annoyance.

He didn't like being babied. But apart of him felt a strange feeling he couldn't understand seeing her fuss so aggressively about him. Caring how he felt and his current state.

(Y/N) closed the curtains behind his desk, letting only a peak of the sun through.

She patted the sofa when she went back, heading over to the door to leave. "Get some good sleep, Mr Han."

It was break. She spent the whole time working on Jumin's documents. Emailing everyone herself, apologizing on his behalf. It was extremely tiring and she had to forward some of it Jaehee for help.

The brunette did ask why she was doing it when she obviously didn't know a lot of it but she just grinned, saying Jumin was busy.

And so when it was time, she entered his office. Silently begging he wasn't awake ready to mutilate her where she stood. But to her relief he was asleep.

Hugging a pillow and stretched along the sofa, his feet dangling off due to his height. His jacket was neatly hanging from the edge of the sofa and his tie was discarded on the floor.

She smiled seeing him sleep, placing the finished work on his desk and crouched down Infront of him.

"I'll wake you after break, okay?" She whispered.

Luckily, there was no response. She left his office soon after with a bright smile.