day 10

Lunch!!!! The Savoir of all times. Where food is finally in your grasp. The sweet delicious scent of a nitrous meal only to be ignored for an attractive piece of cake. Ruining your planned diet.

Almond Graham's cheesecake with mint, caramel, and vanilla ice cream. This stuff is crazy. She doesn't know how she has been living with herself without these luxuries.

"There is no better meal of the day than a cake-" she raised her hands seeing her working buddies disapproving look. "Just kidding."

"You can't stop looking after yourself just because they're selling cake, it must be a cheat day."

"Exactly! A cheat day! Don't you like cakes?"

She turned her full attention to her, curious on her answer. Grinning ear to ear as she flopped her head to the side. Jaehee mentally cringed; being reminded of Elizabeth the 3 rd.

"I do, I just don't eat them often."

"Let me buy you one! You deserve a treat!"

Jaehee felt a wave of embarrassment, tucking her hair behind her ear though seeing as it's short it didn't really change anything. Her cheeks giving off a warm pink glow.

"I'd rather make my own."

"You make cakes?! Ah!! You'll have to let me try one!" (Y/N)'s eyes sparkled. Letting out a long excited gasp, leaning forward to her work friend.

"Oh, yes, perhaps I will, I'd be happy to make you one."

"Please!!!! I bet they taste delicious!"

"Don't say that, I haven't made a cake in years-"

"You cut yourself too short! You're an amazing woman and filled with many talents."

"Thank you, (Y/N)."

Jaehee was flustered. Not use to the flood of encouragement and compliments. She couldn't help but smile at the young woman. Happy to make a friend with another woman; even in the circumstance, it was from work.

Despite all the talk of cake (Y/N) got noodles. Laughing when she slurped them up causing them to smack her nose. Jaehee chuckled, covering her mouth as she took a pause from her coffee.

It was refreshing to spend time with Jaehee; (Y/N) loved her mature but kind personality. She wasn't like Jumin but had similar values. She had wished she wasn't so tired and overworked it was ridiculous!

"Hey, I'm going to buy some snacks, want to come with?"

The female adjusted her purse over her shoulder, pointing outside the cafeteria. Hoping with a bright smile she'll join.

"Sorry, I have to get back to work."

"What??? But there's still ages of lunch left!"

"I want to finish at least something before I end work today."

The young woman groaned. Disappointed to end their time together so short.

'curse you Jumin, why must you ruin my image of you with your horrible work standards.'

She parted from her friend, waving her goodbye. Walking out the business building and searched once again for a store to catch her eye. She was planning to go where she was before but caught eye of a café; it definitely wasn't a place for snacks but they had a new menu.

She crossed the road, yelping at the impatient cars revving their engines at her. She entered the cafe, smiling at the scent of pastries and different hot drinks.

She looked at the menu on the wall, gasping seeing a cat-shaped foam coffee drink. She had to get it! It even came with tester macaroons!

Beaming, she waited in the line. Leaning back and forth on her heels as one person at a time left. The queue getting shorter and shorter until it was her turn.

"One cat coffee please!"

"Make that two."

Her eyes snapped open seeing the shiny credit card at her side. Her gaze trialling up from the hand holding it to see her boss looming behind her. She let out a surprised squeak, waving at him.

"Of course, Mr Han! I'll give you one for free as thanks for joining the business with us."

'ah the cat theme makes sense, this man is obsessed with him but so am I so I can't complain.'

The poor woman's cheeks were bright red, heart racing. A gentle breeze of his breath fanning the side of her face as he leans over to rest his hand on the counter. His chest just bumping into her back when he breathed out. A thick cologne filling her nose; spice peppermint tea with a musky scent blended in.

'of course, he smells nice!!! There just had to be more annoying things about him, being so perfect physically. Able to afford rich perfumes and products. I bet he has his own personal stylist'

Her mind was bitter. Grumpy from her lack of privilege as the embodiment of luck and richness stood behind her. Messing with her senses with his fancy scent and minty breath. Feeling him so close to her didn't feel right. It felt like she was pushing a boundary she didn't even know existed.

The barista took one look at the junior assistant and gave her a sympathetic smile. Adding two more testers to her baggie as a silent 'you need this'. She greatly appreciated it.

The two of them walked out, taking a slow pace back to the office. She felt bad to eat the foam but it must be done, as she went to take a bite Jumin stopped her.

He pulled out his phone and put his coffee Infront of it, looking up at her for a moment to silently tell her to place hers next to his.

She did what she was asked, confused. He went back to walking, sipping his coffee, texting on his phone with a mischievous shine in his eye.

"These look so cute, I feel so bad drinking from it." She pouted, slowly drinking from her cup.

"It is very cute but my Elizabeth is far cuter."

"You'll have to show me her, I bet she's gorgeous."

She smiled up at him. Enjoying the glow that appeared on his face when talking about his cat; made him seem more human. He was easier to talk to.

"She is a prestige, elegant and beautiful lady."

"You are almost as soothing as her, your presence is a nice change, be thankful - that is the highest compliment you'll ever receive from me."

With a moment of stupidity and confidence, she grinned. Lips forming into a W shape as if she was a smug-looking cat, hand curled into a paw shape next to her face, winking up at him.

"Aw~! sir, you find me soothing like your cat? That's so kind of you, meow~"

A flash of his phone surprised her. Her coffee almost spilling everywhere as she clutched her cup in embarrassment.

"Don't take a picture!!!!! DELETE IT!"