day 25

Today was beyond boring. A usual day for the office. No special moment or chaos between the duo that was Mr Han and (L/N). Just a boring working day.

But (Y/N) was yawning. Twisting in her chair after a dragged on conversion. Jaehee was swarmed in work once again; she couldn't even speak a word to her without being completely blanked.

She didn't take it to heart seeing as she was used to this behaviour. Once the brunette was in work mode - there was nothing anyone could say or do that would snap her out of it.

The young female wished she could be that but no, she was able to get distracted and bored. Her eyes finding view of the male coworker she was talking to the other day; Sam.

Turns out Sam was from America and moved to Korea a few years ago and was able to get work here not long after moving. It was definitely a story of luck, seeing as he didn't fully understand Korean for the first year or so.

"Sam! Hello!"

He turned to her, smiling at her and walked over. Leaning on her desk as he greeted her back.

"Do you have any work? I'm so bored."

The male raised a brow, finding her question weird.

"You want more work? You're really strange."

"I want to refresh my brain, the work I'm doing is so draining." She pouted.

"I can't say I do."

Her face dropped, mirroring one of a disapproving look that Jumin gives his lazy workers. The one he gives before firing them or ruining their chance to joy that day.

It sends a shiver down his spine in fear. Uncomfortable with how cold her gaze was.

"You're useless, Sam."

Said male placed a hand on his chest. Drowning at her blunt tone.

"Ouch, you're so rude."

She spun in her chair, throwing her hands up in the air. Resorting back to her childish grumpiness.

This soothed him. He wasn't sure how much longer he would have been able to stand seeing his boss in the ladies eyes.

"Be useful!!! What should I do?!"

"Why not take a walk with me?"

She stopped. Looking at him with worried questioning. Eyeing her bosses office but saw the blinds were shut.

"Are you sure that'll be okay?"

(Y/N) wasn't sure why she was worried. She knew full well she would be scolded or be forced to work more. But what about him? She couldn't say the same.

"Totally, we won't get caught - he never notices anything."

She slowly nodded. Saying goodbye to Jaehee to no surprise she wasn't answered. Silvering away from her desk and followed the blonde. He led her through the office, darting past the tall walls and into the hallway.

They snuck through the hallways as if they were spies. Laughing at their own behaviour.

"Agent Sam, do you copy?"

She looked behind her, eyeing the free hallway as soon as she saw the man's bright smile.

"I do, agent (Y/N), I see an opening."

"Copy! Let's move!"

They rushed out. She squealed as he overtook her, dashing past her.

This went until they were at the other department, sneaking behind a wall. They couldn't stop their laughter as they panted. Clinging to the wall to catch their breath.

She was beaming. Happy to finally have some fun in her day. Missing her boss sarcastic comments and goofy behaviour. She shoved those thoughts out of her head as Sam jabbed her arm.

"Check it's it's clear." He whispered.

She nodded, peering over the wall to see no-one looking their way. She slowly moved but spot the man in her thoughts.

She let out a gasp as her arm shot out. Whispering harshly to her new friend.

"Mr Han is there! I'll go distract him!"

"What?! No-!"

But she used this an excuse to talk to him. Bouncing over with her hands behind her, hips swinging before jumping beside him.

The tall man was standing by the opening of the department, on his phone. A small smile on his face as he didn't even realize someone was next to him.

"Looking at pictures at your girlfriend?"

Jumin jumped, a strangled noise leaving him. Adjusting his tie realizing it was only (Y/N).

"(L/N)! you caught me off guard - no, I wasn't."

"Boyfriend, then? I don't judge."

His surprise expression dropped to a glare.

Sam gulped, watching from his safe spot seeing the two of them interact. Fearing what that hateful glare could mean for the bubbly woman.

"Don't speak to me, you're just like Zen and seven."

She gasped dramatically.

"Seven I can get behind, but Zen? You insult me." She joked.

He smirked with a noise of amusement. Lowering his phone to show her what he was looking at; it was pictures of Elizabeth from one of his housekeepers.

Sam was shocked. He's heard rumours of the two of them but now seeing it in person? He was surprised she could breathe in his presence. They were so close! She was almost leaning completely on him as she looked at his phone.

"Aw~! She's so cute, when you get home give her a kiss for me, ok?"

"I'll do no such thing."

"Pleaaase!!! She has to know I love her!"

She started making a kissy face, begging him to give his cat a kiss. Going on her tiptoes to annoy him further. He rolled his eyes, softly pushing her back.

His heart was beating faster at the sight of her puckered lips. An urge to receive Elizabeths kiss for himself beating at his brain but he shoved it away.

At this point, she completely forgot what she was doing before. Forgetting Sam was watching them. Usually, she would only act like this when they're along knowing he'd get worked up about it.

"What are you doing out? You're supposed to be working."

"I can ask you the same question."

"I'm going to be heading into a meeting soon, what's your excuse?"

That's when she remembered Sam. Cheeks going red realizing he saw her act that way. Fearing the worse she started to mentally panic.

She began to sweat as she rubbed the back of her neck.

"Uh--- bathroom."

"Take yourself back to your desk, I need to go."

"Yes, sir!"

He frowned, turning on his heel and walked into the departed office. She let out a sigh in relief.

Turning to Sam, walking over with a flushed face.

"I think that's enough for today."